PDA

View Full Version : Maple and Ebony bracelet holder

keith zimmerman
12-29-2004, 12:40 PM
I thought I would share a photo of a bracelet holder I made for LOML. As stated in the title of this thread, it is made from figured maple and ebony. the bowl is about 4 1/2" in diameter and the spindle is about 3 1/2" tall.

This was the first time I ever turned ebony. Too bad it is so expensive because it turns like a dream.

LOML loved it and now wants me to turn some incense burners based on this design.

Thanks for looking.

Jerry Baldwin
12-29-2004, 2:07 PM
Very nice, Keith. I haven't tried Ebony yet but my, that sure looks like it finishes great.

Dick Parr
12-29-2004, 6:35 PM
That's beautiful Keith, I like the shape. I'm another one that hasn't tried ebony yet. Don't think I can afford it, it's kind of pricey around here.

Very nice Keith! :)

keith zimmerman
12-30-2004, 4:11 PM
Don't think I can afford it, it's kind of pricey around here.

I think it is very expensive anywhere. :)

keithz

John Hart
03-23-2005, 4:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just looking around. I'm a big fan of Ebony and spend lots of time working with it. To beat the expense, I shop for my ebony at Rockler and Woodcraft. Both stores offer grab bags for $20 that usually contain turnable ebony...along with a variety of other hardwoods. My last grab bag yielded a couple of ebony mantel clocks that I am very proud of....And I still have lots of leftovers.... Woodcraft has Ebony-only grab bags for $20 but you have to go there.

~john

Oh...here's a link http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?DeptID=2121&FamilyID=677

Tyler Howell
03-23-2005, 4:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just looking around.

Welcome John,
Glad to have you in the creek Thanks for the info.
Great bunch of folks here.

Ernie Nyvall
03-23-2005, 5:38 PM
Nice Keith. I can see an incense burner in there with the tray to catch the ashes.

Ernie