PDA

View Full Version : How to match colors in Corel? I'm stumped

Mike vonBuelow
11-17-2010, 8:24 PM
I know it's an easy answer, but I'm just not getting it.

I can match up black yellow and red, but I have NO CLUE to synch up the other colors so that I can have multiple power settings on a single object.

It seems that grayscale does it automatically, but how do I do it manually?

I really only need like 2 or 3 more colors to synch up

I'm hoping this makes sense - I can post screenshots if necessary.

Gary Hair
11-18-2010, 1:05 AM
You can download the color pallette for Corel that will give you the exact colors in your driver. I don't have the site saved in my favorites but you can search for a pinnacle corel pallette and you should find it. Another option is to look at the inf file for your laser and it will have a list of the RGB values for each color, you can use these values to create your own pallette.

Gary

Mike vonBuelow
11-18-2010, 6:51 AM
Very cool, thanks!

George M. Perzel
11-18-2010, 6:16 PM
Mike;
Email me direct and I'll send you the GCC color palette-can't load it here.
George
Laserarts
gperzel@rochester.rr.com

Richard Rumancik
11-18-2010, 9:07 PM
The Mercury palette I was provided has 16 colors (it runs black, red, green, yellow etc. ) If that is what you have, then I suggest that you add white as the 17th color to the end of the palette.

White can be useful for masking out bitmap areas that you do not want to print. It can be an easier and quicker "fix" than having to actually edit the bitmap and can be done as a temporary mask. You can't assign settings to it, as its only purpose is to mask areas. You can quickly draw a white box with no outline and move it over the bitmap area you want to hide.

To add the color you need to go into the palette editor (under Tools) and find your palette (e.g. Mercury.cpl). Then add color "white" as R255 G255 B255.

Gary Hair
11-18-2010, 9:57 PM
Richard,
I use white to mask all the time but I have never added it to my pallette, I'm not sure why you would need to? Am I missing something?

Gary

Richard Rumancik
11-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Gary, I don't know - maybe it's me that is missing something. I'm just curious where you get the white fill from, if it isn't in your palette. Just seemed convenient for me as I only have the one palette open when I draw. Maybe there is another way that isn't obvious to me.

Gary Hair
11-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Now I see, I have the GCC pallette and the Corel RGB pallette open at the same time. I do dye sublimation on this computer besides engraving so I need the other colors not in the GCC pallette.

Gary

Mike vonBuelow
11-19-2010, 9:20 PM
Thanks George! Email sent