PDA

View Full Version : HFDC: Before Xmas Present/gloat THANKS JOHN M!

Jeff Sudmeier
12-29-2004, 9:29 AM
Well Guys I have done it again. I purchased the HFDC. My neighbor has a contractor account at HF so he gets 20% off of every purchase. Final cost to me, with tax was $148. This was with tax and a 2 year free replacement warranty. I bought this DC as a stop gap measure... In my current shop I can not afford the space that a cyclone requires, also, I know that I will be moving to a new house/shop within 5 years.

John Miliunas (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=37) as you know is a great great man! He replaced all of his ducting with 6" ducting a while ago. He had kept all of the 4" pipe, fittings, blast gates, etc. He GAVE them all to me! Thank you again John, you are a great person whit a big heart!

So with my HFDC and John's pvc I was able to set up my DC and run two runs, one to the lathe and the other as a hose drop for my table saw, jointer and planer. For now I am going to stick to the hose, as I am used to having to move the shop vac around. Some time when I can leave my machines in their spots permantantly, I may hard pipe them in.

In the next month or two I plan to add a canister filter from wynn:
http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

When I finally do get my cyclone and new shop, I will probably use the DC for as a down draft sanding table.

I don't have any pics of my setup :( as the camera is broken, but here is a pic from HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/45300-45399/45378.gif

Ted Shrader
12-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Jeff -

Congratulations on your new DC setup. Sure beats a broom and dust pan. :) :)

Regards,
Ted

larry merlau
12-29-2004, 12:22 PM
sounds like the neighborly thing to do was give you some ductwork seeing as how your a member of this forum. and you are from the same state :) i too have heard of the great thngs he does for others, i think santa has him written in the good guy list for a few years ahead, someday io am going to go and vist the great one from wisconsin, glad you got your DC up and going and i am sure the next shop will just as equipped, should move closer to that john guy :D

Brad Olson
12-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Check my WWW link for how I did my canister conversion and how I modified the blower cover to take 6" S&D pipe.

Jeff Sudmeier
12-29-2004, 1:52 PM
Brad,

I have viewed your canister conversion more than once, I am sure I will be viewing it again when I convert mine :)

Jeff Sudmeier
12-29-2004, 2:15 PM
sounds like the neighborly thing to do was give you some ductwork seeing as how your a member of this forum. and you are from the same state :) i too have heard of the great thngs he does for others, i think santa has him written in the good guy list for a few years ahead, someday io am going to go and vist the great one from wisconsin, glad you got your DC up and going and i am sure the next shop will just as equipped, should move closer to that john guy :D
Larry, if you are ever near Spring Green, make sure that you take time to stop by John's humble shop. Not to see his shop, but to pay him a visit, he is great to talk to!

I never thought about moving closer, hmm... right next door and I could steal (I mean hide, I mean borrow) all his Lee Valey packages! :)

larry merlau
12-29-2004, 2:25 PM
only one problem i get lost in thos big citis see i am alittle les than a full deck in the language department and sometimes my hand gestyurs get carried away. also i thought that spring green was just a water hole that had green water in it, didnt think that was too good of a spot to be we yankes were told not to drink from green springs :D

John Miliunas
12-30-2004, 1:28 AM
Congrats on getting closer to cleaner air and lungs! :D I would definitely try to get that canister conversion ASAP! As I had mentioned to you before, without it, you're still letting some of the most harmful stuff hit your environment and that's NOT a good thing!:(

And both, you AND Larry are too kind with your appraisal of the guy from SG! I've always believed in, "What goes around, comes around." It doesn't have to be from the same person, but it does happen. I figure I've had plenty of folks do me a good turn or two and I'm happy to reciprocate whenever I can. Oh, and Larry, if you're ever even close to the "neighborhood", you be sure and stop by! It's NOT in a city, village or even town...We's out in the boonies! :) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
12-30-2004, 9:10 AM
Larry, I can attest to what John said, he is out in the boonies. You don't have to worry bout no city folk. He's right on a main hwy so it would be an easy shot for you!

John, I think I smell a midwest barbeque at your house next summer! Heck, I'll even vollunteer to come help you clean shop and be the grill master!!

As far as "pay it forward" goes, I belive in it as you do. If everyone would just do nice things for one another, it would be a better place!

Thanks again!