PDA

View Full Version : VFW Men's Auxillary Logo

Steve Clarkson
11-16-2010, 7:32 AM
Does anyone have the VFW Men's Auxillary Logo in vector? I have it as a bitmap but haven't been able to find it as a vector. Looks easy enough for me to trace, so please don't do that. Thanks!

Frank Corker
11-16-2010, 9:27 AM
I have a slightly different version of it

Frank Corker
11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Here it is!

Steve Clarkson
11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks Frank!!! You just saved me three hours of re-drawing it!!!

Frank Corker
11-16-2010, 6:05 PM
What with my ten minutes of searching on the net! ;)

Steve Clarkson
11-17-2010, 7:46 AM
I did search the net.......I found a few similar ones, but not the one I needed. For the 3 million search results that came up, I checked the first 2.9 million and they were all .jpg's.........any tips on how I can improve my search results? I'm still indebted to you for the tip you gave about adding "+ PDF" at the end of my query......that has actually helped me find a bunch of vectors.

Frank Corker
11-17-2010, 9:25 AM
I went to their website and downloaded three pdf files. One of them contained the file.

Steve Clarkson
11-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Terry Swift
11-18-2010, 1:38 AM
I'm doing the same thing for my local PD & FD's. Some have vector logos and other don't and trying to find someone in the department who may have one is timecosuming and frustrating. I've just gone to Google Images and searched there, found what I wanted, tested in and if not goood enough (99% of time) - have it vectored by someone with that capability.

I need to get a good raster to vector program (free or otherwise) that will save me money in the long-term. Dan had mentioned InkScape and I've tried ot and achieved minimal success. You virtually have to spring for the $19.95 manual.

Ed Harrall
11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Try this one I have used it with some good results http://wintopo.com/

Garrett Nors
11-19-2010, 1:17 PM
I'm doing the same thing for my local PD & FD's. Some have vector logos and other don't and trying to find someone in the department who may have one is timecosuming and frustrating. I've just gone to Google Images and searched there, found what I wanted, tested in and if not goood enough (99% of time) - have it vectored by someone with that capability.

I need to get a good raster to vector program (free or otherwise) that will save me money in the long-term. Dan had mentioned InkScape and I've tried ot and achieved minimal success. You virtually have to spring for the $19.95 manual.

I live and die by the almighty power that is Vector Magic.