PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum water bottles

Ron Fairbanks
11-16-2010, 4:09 AM
Just got a nice order for some water bottles due before the holidays. Checked my stock...rats down to 2 silver ones that don't engrave nicely. No problem just run to the Dollar Tree...out, next Dollar Tree...out, rats. Check Dollar Tree on line "this item is not available in your area"......grumble. Anyone have a west coast USA source for cheap painted or anodized, SS or aluminum water bottles? Need a couple dozen misc colors now and stock later.

Eric Allen
11-16-2010, 5:12 AM
Seems like Wally World had some, and I think Walgreen's has them for $5 or so. Some were curved body at Walgreen's, so I figure them for a giant PITA to engrave, but they did have some straight sided ones.

Ron Hartl
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
http://www.discountmugs.com/

not sure how many you need, but that is where I buy mine.

Jeff Belany
11-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I have a flyer from Dollar Tree that says that you can order online and have shipped to a local store free. Only problem I had was when I looked online for wine glasses the local store had (but not enough) I couldn't find them on the site. Might be worth a try or for future reference.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Don Gares
11-16-2010, 3:30 PM
I have a flyer from Dollar Tree that says that you can order online and have shipped to a local store free. Only problem I had was when I looked online for wine glasses the local store had (but not enough) I couldn't find them on the site. Might be worth a try or for future reference.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Jeff, give them a call as they don't show near all of their stuff online. I purchase a lot of the white wine glasses and 25 oz. beer mugs and I almost always have to call. I usually order about 24 cases at a time because that is what fits in my small pickup.

Don

Ron Fairbanks
11-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks all, I ended up at wally's for now. They had some flat body painted SS 25oz bottles with a sipper at the top. Just enough of the colors needed in stock to complete the order. I can still profit buying at $5 each but sure love those $1 bottles at the tree. I'll give discount mugs a try on my next bulk order if I can't find the $1 bottles.

Jonatan Padan
11-17-2010, 2:52 AM
I can get them from china for anywhere between $0.80 to $3 depending on quantity. So if you want a large quantity let me know and ill get you a quote.

Uma Duffy
11-18-2010, 6:59 PM
These are going to be hard to find for a awhile. Seems a little kid in Philly got her tongue stuck in one of those bottles and landed in the hospital. It was no small job to extricate her from the bottle. It sounded far fetched....but the story was in a number of reputable newspapers.There are probably lawsuits pending over this...Stores have been pulling these bottles as fast as they can. Dollar tree canceled my order for several cases but I guess I'm happier they canceled than were I to be stuck with cases of stuff that might be hard to move.

greg lindsey
11-18-2010, 9:01 PM
went to an office depot earlier today, they had several, maybe 100 or so, and on clearance for $3 ea. Many colors and flat/ round easy engraving.