PDA

View Full Version : Coreldraw - Creating the Stahls SimStitch look on Twill

Joseph Tovar
11-16-2010, 3:01 AM
Hi All,

I'm trying to create the SimStitch look in Corel, but I'm stuck on how to do it. Basically it's a zigzag stitch applied to the path of an object.

Once I can create the graphic, I want to cut the outside with the laser while the inside of the zig-zag is just scribed on the Twill to make it look like it's a sewn on applique.

Anyone know how to achieve this effect? Please see the attachment.

Joseph Tovar
11-16-2010, 4:16 AM
I actually figured out a couple of thing that might work....

1)Use the distort tool and used the "Zipper 1" preset. Then increased the frequency and amplitude.

2)The other thing that worked was making a couple of Ws, move them together and then applied the text to path. Moved it to the center and then kept typing Ws until it looped around.

I read something about creating a artistic brush stroke, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Anyways, I'll keep playing with this.

Steve Clarkson
11-16-2010, 7:28 AM
Joseph........have you tried the Pen tool? That is what I use to make dotted lines and I know you can create your own pattern of line.

Mike Null
11-16-2010, 8:50 AM
Joseph

In the thread linked below, Roy Brewer has a you tube video on fitting objects to a path. It may be helpful.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=149345

Linda Tetreault
11-16-2010, 3:14 PM
Joseph,

I think there's a tutorial on coreltips dot com , that simulated embroidered stitches, using the outline tool.

Tom Bull
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
There is a link here to a place to a free download to do something like what you want.
http://graphics-unleashed.unleash.com/2010/11/drawings-embroidery-effect.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GraphicsUnleashed+%28Graphics +Unleashed%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Andrea Weissenseel
11-17-2010, 3:09 AM
I would try to use the blending tool. First create the pattern for the cutline, like a rim of a stamp and additionally triangles for the zig-zag and then use your shape as blending path

Andrea