PDA

View Full Version : Scheppach Dust Extractor: HA1000 @ Sears

Kevin Gregoire
11-16-2010, 2:54 AM
im curious if anyone has tried one of these little dust collectors from sears? i would like to buy one to mount under my Jet belt/disc sander

Scheppach Dust Extractor: HA1000

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00981407000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1#specs

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/00981407000

Jeremy Greiner
11-16-2010, 8:17 AM
http://www.roblanduk.com/product/113.aspx has the specifications, in liters 54.3 liters per second ><

According to google
1 liter = 0.0353146667 cubic feet

So if my math is right .. that's 1537.604770881216 cubic feet per second .. or roughly 92256.28625287296 cubic feet/minute

that seems crazy high .. but I could be wrong
I would find out for certian the CFM of the machine before purchasing.

My math may be wrong so here's my math for someone to double check
54.3 = 0.0353146667 * x

divide both sides by 0.0353146667
x = 1537.604770881216

To convert to minutes, multiply by 60
1537.604770881216 * 60 = 92256.28625287296

Hope this helps

*edit, I divided where I should have multiplied

-jeremy

Kurt Cady
11-16-2010, 8:52 AM
53.4 liter/sec * 0.0353 cf/liter * 60 sec/min

Works out to 115CFM

Jeremy Greiner
11-16-2010, 9:00 AM
53.4 liter/sec * 0.0353 cf/liter * 60 sec/min

Works out to 115CFM
That makes more sense, I'll refrain from attempting math in the future. :)

Kevin Gregoire
11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
i just want to know if anyone has one of these and how it works and if they like it?

Gene Howe
11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
For another $20, I'd just get the Sears shop vac.

Kevin Gregoire
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
For another $20, I'd just get the Sears shop vac.

no offense but why would i want a shop vac when i can have this little
dust collector with more power, bigger hose that fits my machine and it
has a metal can.

John Coloccia
11-16-2010, 1:10 PM
Even the small shopvacs move more air than the Scheppach, and that's through smaller hose. That will perform far better on most of the smaller tools (sanders, routers, miter saws etc). For the larger tools that use a 4" port, I don't think 100cfm is going to get you very good performance. I guess that's why folks are suggesting that maybe the shopvac will be a better performing tool. I could see the Scheppach maybe doing chip collection on a contractor saw with a shroud, or something like that.

Kevin Gregoire
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
just checking in to see if anyone has gotten one of these in the past few months and tried it out?
if so, what are your thoughts on it? (only post please if you own one)

Larry Edgerton
02-22-2011, 7:31 PM
Kevin

Every time I try to open up the site I get locked up, so I could not find the db. I can see several uses for that unit if it is quiet enough. One under the grinder bench, one in my sandblasting cabinet,one under my job site saw....

If you buy one let me know what YOU think.

Neil Brooks
02-22-2011, 7:57 PM
Every time I try to open up the site I get locked up, so I could not find the db.

77dB (http://www.scheppach.com/en/products/single-view/categories/absauganlagen-2/products/absauganlage-ha-1000/backPID/produktuebersicht.html?cHash=a62a985e5d)

Kevin Gregoire
03-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Kevin

Every time I try to open up the site I get locked up, so I could not find the db. I can see several uses for that unit if it is quiet enough. One under the grinder bench, one in my sandblasting cabinet,one under my job site saw....

If you buy one let me know what YOU think.

Larry, not sure what to tell you and sorry i never responded but i never got an email notice that someone posted here?
i just checked and the link worked fine for me? http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00981407000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1#specs
maybe go to sears site and do a search for the scheppach?

i never have enough extra cash to just buy one of these to see if i like it or not but i would think it would work good for one machine at a time?
someone here has to have one and can give a review??

Dale Probst
03-05-2011, 12:01 AM
I found this on the Scheppach site, hope it helps,
Technical data
- Low pressure 2500 Pa
- Filter area 0.3 m²
- Filtration 0.3 micron
- Filling capacity 50 litres
- Hose length 2000 mm
- Hose connection Ø 100 mm
- Noise level 77 dB (A)
- Certificate CE
- Dimensions: W Ø 400 x H 700 mm
- Weight approx. 11.0 kg

DP

John McClanahan
03-05-2011, 9:02 AM
I didn't do the math, but 115 CFM is to low to do any good. Even the low end Harbor Freight model with a bag is rated around 500 CFM. Does anyone know the CFM rating of an average shop vac?

John

Phil Thien
03-05-2011, 9:05 AM
The #'s don't really make sense to me.

The hose appears to be a 4".

The 54.3 liters per second is about 115-CFM, which seems awfully slow to keep all but the finest dust suspended in a 4" hose. Shop vacs typically move 125-CFM to 175-CFM in a 2.25" hose. A DC typically moves 300 to 400-CFM in a 4" hose.

I wonder if the 54.3 liters per second is correct.

Kevin Gregoire
03-05-2011, 9:46 AM
i was going to say, is that 115 cfm in a 4" hose good compared to a 2.5" hose at a higher cfm?

scheppach is a good company that makes lots of tools so i wouldnt think this would be bad?

Neil Brooks
03-05-2011, 12:03 PM
ShopVacs: 135 - 185 CFM

http://www.shopvac.com/specifications/quiet_series.asp

Or ... 180 - 210 CFM, depending on their series

http://www.shopvac.com/specifications/ultra_pro_series.asp

It's an air SPEED thing, with ShopVacs, as opposed to an air FLOW thing, with DCs.

Aaron Rowland
03-05-2011, 3:48 PM
A great deal of skepticism is needed when dealing with air moving machines. The vac industry is know for bogus numbers. I use a few vac motors in the shop for various functions. Cheapest source for me is garage sales. One can pick up a vac that's beat up a bit but still works fine. I rip it apart and salvage the motor. Picked a Hoover canister recently. These guys are so sophisticated that they are aware of the fact customers check the amp draw. So they stamp a bogus number on the handel of the vac. This was stamped 12Amps. When I got the motor out it was stamped 6 amps. I see this all the time. So for a DIY shop vac I run two of 6 amp motors in parallel. Now that gives me a lot of power and I have a total of $20 invested for the two motors. If I was going to buy an expensive shop vac type I would sure bring along an ammeter to check what the real amps are.

As a comp go to an industrial source like Grainger. Google the site and look up vacuum cleaner motors. They give numbers that are close to real I have found. You will see a relationship between amps CFM and $. There is no free lunch. No way will a 6 Amp Shop vac flow over a real 90 CFM. Probably closer to 70. Can't be done if you want high SP numbers. My test gear that I use on testing cyclones has number to high so I can't measure 100 CFM. The average cleaner runs from 6-12 amp input on 120V.

Kevin Gregoire
04-13-2012, 9:14 AM
its a year later and i wanted to see if anybody has tried one of these out yet?

Bob Faris
04-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Here's a link to the vac's specs in the current Scheppach catalog. The second link is a Google search for reviews. You can try clicking on "translate this page" to see if any of the reviews give you any information.

http://www.scheppach.com/en/products/single-view/products/absauganlage-ha-1000/backPID/produktsuche.html?cHash=e54fd2558a

http://www.google.com/search?q=scheppach+ha+1000+reviews&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&q=scheppach+ha+1000+erfahrung&revid=1085395436&sa=X&ei=D0eIT63gI83diALBl93rCg&ved=0CCMQ1QIoADgK&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=193b680415c1a72a&biw=1264&bih=593

Michael W. Clark
04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Kevin, sorry I don't have one, but the 2500 Pa (~10"wg) pressure rating also seems low for shop-vac style unit. I could be wrong, but this looks like a shop-vac style unit with a larger hose and metal container. It may be fine for router table collection (fence/top only), bench top sanders, hand held sanders, maybe a benchtop jointer that has an integral blower. I use a Festool DE, and while not the same, it is analogous to a shop-vac in terms of flow and SP vs. comparing it to a dust collector. It works great for hand held sanders and I have a Rigid oscilating spindle/belt sander that is also works very well with. I used to have a 6" benchtop jointer that had an integral fan (Sears model) where a shop-vac did a decent job.

I think if you connect this to stationary tools such as a table saw, band saw, lunchbox or larger planer, jointer, you are going to find that it is not sufficient. These larger tools need a certain amount of flow (CFM). Then the duct size is determined to keep the velocity high enough so the dust doesn't settle out in the duct. The more CFM required, the larger the duct required if you are keeping your duct velocity to a minimum. Its not that shop-vacs are meant for FPM and DCs are meant for CFM, these two values are inter-related with duct size. The duct and particulate do not care what type of fan is connected at the end. Shop-vacs are good where they can provide enough flow to effectively capture the dust. They cannot provide enough CFM in larger stationary machinery with typical hood arrangements.

Not sure if this helped you make your decision.... As someone posted in another thread, its very handy to have a shop-vac and a DC. I've always had a shop-vac and moved my other tools around to work outside or in a well ventilated area until we moved and I had a basement shop. Not to feasible to wheel a cabinet saw outside everytime you want to use it. I found a used Jet DC-1100 with canister filter for $100 locally and it does a fair job on most of my stationary tools.

Mike

Kevin Gregoire
04-13-2012, 1:06 PM
i dont need the specs, i just want to hear from people that own this machine and to tell me if they like it or not??

Michael W. Clark
04-13-2012, 1:39 PM
i dont need the specs, i just want to hear from people that own this machine and to tell me if they like it or not??

Obviously not many owners out there (at least not on here that are posting.) Maybe re-label the thread or buy a shop-vac if you are concerned about it. I bought a shop-vac with better specs for $35 new from Lowes 6 years ago and it still runs like a top.

Mike

Bruce Page
04-13-2012, 2:18 PM
Kevin, Sears has a good return policy. Buy it and see what you think.

Timothy Pauer
02-24-2013, 12:56 AM
I bought one. The reviews on Sears and some other places were positive enough. I also don't have space for anything bigger.

The model I bought is the HD040 through Amazon. A few bucks more than Sears but with Prime shipping, it was a wash. It has the same specs as the HA1000 at Sears. It was easy to put together- just hose clamps.

Positives: It is Quiet. No annoying high pitched whine like my shop vac. I used a decibel app on my phone. The Scheppach is 85 db. My Shop Vac was 99db. The specs say it filters to .3 microns. Inside are two filters. The main filter is pleated like a shop vac, but over that is a felt bag. So far no major clogging. I will have to see long term. It comes with 4 replacement bags.

I used it first to plane some Douglas fir for a workbench project. I kept up pretty well. My shop vac couldn't keep up with the chips. The Scheppach handled about 90%. Next I ripped and crosscut some boards. I have a contractors saw with 4 inch port on bottom. Again it did fairly well. A little better than the shop vac, but still some dust flying.

Overall, I'm pleased. Yes for a little more you can get the Harbor Freight 2hp dust collector, but its big and has a 5 micron bag. If I ever get more space, then I will get a bigger, better dust collector. Hopefully cyclones will come down in price by then. The Scheppach is a little better than a 5hp shop vac, but it is quieter and hopefully can be left on longer. My wife burned out the hang up vac vacuuming her car. I also like that it uses a 4 inch hose.

⭐⭐⭐ out 5 stars.