PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Clewes Class

John Altberg
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
This weekend we brought Jimmy Clewes in for our club meeting demo, an all day public demo and two full day hands-on classes for members. These are the two projects that I did in yesterday's class. The goblet was turned from a single piece of unsupported wood. I thought I would never pull it off!

I you ever get a chance to see Jimmy or bring him to your club, I can not recommend him enough. He is quite personable, informative and a wonderful teacher. Many of our members are already asking when we can bring him back!

John

Hilel Salomon
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
We had him over for our Palmetto (SC) club and he was great!!! He is a fantastic teacher, personable and entertaining.

Hilel

Michael James
11-15-2010, 1:47 PM
all the above in Albuquerque too!

Ray Bell
11-15-2010, 1:58 PM
John, I was there on Saturday for awhile. He is very entertaining, and makes turning look easy. I had to leave early though as my wife had dropped me off, hung around the mall across of I-90 as long as she could, and then called me ready to go back to the hotel. I did manage to pick up a few supplies while at Woodcraft though.

David E Keller
11-15-2010, 2:30 PM
Sounds like fun... My experience with him was very similar. Congrats on a great meeting.