PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New to SMC, hello with photos

Aram Schiffman
11-14-2010, 7:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I've lurked around from time to time, and finally joined. I don't know the first-time-post protocol around here. I have a mixed shop that definitely consumes electrons, but I love my hand tools. So by way of introduction, I thought I'd post a few photos of some that I have made. I'll visit this forum when I can, and who knows, maybe I can contribute something useful from time to time. (I hope it's ok to post this many pics! I didn't see anything against it in the FAQs.) Great forum, I look forward to more time here.

Aram

Robert Culver
11-14-2010, 7:56 PM
nice way to come aboard snazy tools. thanks for sharing.:)

Bruce Page
11-14-2010, 8:59 PM
It looks like you know your way around hand tools. ;)
Welcome to SMC!

Marv Werner
11-14-2010, 9:16 PM
Hi Aram,

Welcome to the Creek, as they say. Nothing wrong with just jumping right in with a pile of nice looking "handmade" tools.

I'm a bit partial to saws....tell us about your DT saw

Aram Schiffman
11-14-2010, 9:21 PM
Hi Aram,

Welcome to the Creek, as they say. Nothing wrong with just jumping right in with a pile of nice looking "handmade" tools.

I'm a bit partial to saws....tell us about your DT saw
Thank you, Marv. That's the least hand-made of all of them. It's the Gramercy DT saw. I made the handle and banged the spine I bought onto the blade I bought. Some day, I'll get the guts (and time) to make a saw blade from a piece of steel.

Eh, maybe. :D

Ashwini Kaul
11-14-2010, 9:24 PM
Wow! What a first post!
Welcome..
In the the many years on different forums, I have not encountered such an awesome 'Hello' post. Those tools as well as the pics look awesome. What camera/lens/light?
And how many years in this hobby?

Aram Schiffman
11-14-2010, 9:31 PM
Wow! What a first post!
Welcome..
In the the many years on different forums, I have not encountered such an awesome 'Hello' post. Those tools as well as the pics look awesome. What camera/lens/light?
And how many years in this hobby?
Well, thank you! I look at top craftsmen and see what's possible, and I know I have years of learning ahead. (Which is the point, no?) But I think these did come out fairly well. I've been a hobbiest ww-er for, er um, about 5-6 years I think.

I have some Nikon gear, a D300. I probably shot these w/the 24-70. On a tripod with room lights, or with a Nikon flash, + umbrella or bounce off high walls kinda thing.

Roy Lindberry
11-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I love the design of your planes. They look like a bunch of cars cruising the strip.

Jim Koepke
11-15-2010, 3:10 AM
Aram,

Welcome to the Creek. Great work. And most of us like pictures. I think the limit is still 8 per post. So, if you need to show more, just break it up into two posts.

Hope to see more of your work, It looks better than most of mine.

jtk

gary Zimmel
11-15-2010, 9:30 AM
Welcome to the Creek Aram. Nice way to make a splash...
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.