PDA

View Full Version : Bosch multiple tool

Craig D Peltier
11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to mention this tool Bosch has PS50-2B there multi tool. If you install cabinets or anything attached to a wall in a pre-existing home I found the tool very valuable.
I didn't know about until about 6 months ago as far as using it for plunging into crown or base or even making outlet cut outs with it. It doesn't bounce around when beginning plunge at all, it's very precise. I even used it to cut across a 12 deep book shelve center divider at the joint line and it worked flawless. I bought the refurbed one, only I don't like is the battery life but it comes with two. It uses the fein bits as well.
So for me when a cabinet sticks out say 20 inches I make a mark on base or crown and chop it off right there. It also works great on cutting shims.

I have no affiliation with Bosch just like there tool and it's cost.

Bill Huber
11-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to mention this tool Bosch has PS50-2B there multi tool. If you install cabinets or anything attached to a wall in a pre-existing home I found the tool very valuable.
I didn't know about until about 6 months ago as far as using it for plunging into crown or base or even making outlet cut outs with it. It doesn't bounce around when beginning plunge at all, it's very precise. I even used it to cut across a 12 deep book shelve center divider at the joint line and it worked flawless. I bought the refurbed one, only I don't like is the battery life but it comes with two. It uses the fein bits as well.
So for me when a cabinet sticks out say 20 inches I make a mark on base or crown and chop it off right there. It also works great on cutting shims.

I have no affiliation with Bosch just like there tool and it's cost.

+1 on that......

I have one and use it a lot, not for cutting as much as for sanding, it is really a great small sander and will get right in the corner in most cases.

The battery life is a little problem but they charge really fast and just about the time one goes down the other one is charged. Now I am not talking about running it full time, I find I really don't do that very much.

Will Overton
11-14-2010, 1:29 PM
I have the Fein and the Bosch. If I'm doing a lot of sanding, the dust collection on the Fein is nice. Most of the time for quick stuff I grab the Bosch. I have a bunch of their 12v tools, so battery life while not great, isn't really a problem. I use it for, among many other things, cutting off dowels and plugs. I can get closer without scratching the surface than I can with any hand saw I have. I keep it in a drawer under a bench so it's always handy.