PDA

View Full Version : Festool Domino Table and double shot of the Kool-Aid gloat.

johnny means
11-14-2010, 1:59 AM
I finally bit the bullet and bought that Domino I've been eying since borrowing a friends. Picked up a TS 55 while I was at it.

Anyway, I bought the Domino for a job I've got making a bunch of mitered frame doors. Unfortunately, this is the only application they don't seem to sell an accessory for. So I set about making a jig for it, which over the course of a few hours morphed into a full blown machine. This prototype is rather rough, but is fully serviceable and blows out perfectly aligned mitered frames at a nice production pace.

When set up, the double sided fence automatically aligns left and right side mortises. Adjustment for material width is achieved by sliding the fence towards or away from cutter.

When I rework it, I'll opt to mount the clamps parallel to each other. pointing them inwards was a mistake. I would also like to rework the lever's hinge system, it works fine but could be cleaner. Would be cool if the next on was black phenolic and aluminum for a more Festooly look.

Eiji Fuller
11-14-2010, 2:42 AM
Nice Job. Gotta love the Festool. Hey your shop looks alot like mine....Messy:D...

Tom Welch
11-14-2010, 5:53 AM
Love the jig. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joe Leigh
11-14-2010, 8:21 AM
Very slick!
p.s. love the gratuitous SawStop pic...

Jay Allen
11-14-2010, 9:43 AM
I have a very similar set-up for my biscuit jointer. The only real difference is that I work the machine directly by hand. A #20 biscuit will fit into a frame as narrow as 2 1/4"

Van Huskey
11-14-2010, 6:07 PM
Thats very cool!