PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1587vs

Paul Stroik
11-13-2010, 1:14 PM
Need advice on 1587vs locking knob. When I pull up on the locking knob to loosen the blade the black knob pops out of the handle. Started doing this a year ago. Made do with the problem but would like to figure why it is doing now. Learned to be gentle while pulling it up and rotating it but occassionly still pops out. Any ideas or has anyone experienced this problem?

Will Overton
11-13-2010, 1:31 PM
I can't answer your question myself. But, in the past when I had questions about a Bosch tool and called them, I did get to talk to a knowledgeable technician.

glenn bradley
11-13-2010, 3:43 PM
Learned to be gentle while pulling it up and rotating it but occassionly still pops out.

Every one I have used (not mine) does that. Even though I am expecting it and try to use a bit of finesse, it will still happen to me. I have the 1591 which uses a different system. I would like to hear what Bosch says about it though. There could be a simple, common mistake in operation that we are both doing(?).

Paul Stroik
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I will call Bosch on Monday for a solution. Hate to get rid of it but would like nothing more than to have a reason to pickup the 1591.

thanks all

Will Overton
11-14-2010, 1:32 PM
... would like nothing more than a 1591.

thanks all

That's a good enough reason to get one. :)

Forgive my editing. ;)

Will Blick
11-19-2010, 3:07 PM
Did anyone ever get an answer from Bosch?

Paul Stroik
11-19-2010, 6:32 PM
I called Bosch. They haven't heard of this problem before. According to them I need to send the jigsaw in for service so they are sending me a service slip. Means I will have to send it in if I want it repaired.
So far I haven't found anything on the internet relating to this type of problem. It still works as long as I am gentle in pulling up on the locking knob. It's a minor issue I guess. Everything else works great otherwise.
The new style blade locking mechanism on the newer style Jigsaws seems to be the cats meow.

Will Blick
11-19-2010, 8:02 PM
Paul,, strange how when you call tech support, we are the always the only time they ever heard of this problem. I have been dealing with mine the same way you have.... takes 5 tries...

which model has this new design you refer to?

Paul Stroik
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
I think all the newer models have the new blade changing quick release, which is located up front. A flip of the lever ejects the blade and ready for a new blade.
1590, 1591, and JS470EB are a couple of them. I was looking at the 1591vs but will hold off since mine is still working well.

Ralph Okonieski
11-20-2010, 5:53 AM
The knob on mine pulled out within the first month I had it. I never had it serviced as I use the saw infrequently. I just try to be careful when I install or remove a blade. It is annoying when it happens though.

I like the saw very much though and would buy another. Just one of life's little inconveniences.

Paul Stroik
11-29-2010, 5:30 PM
I decided to replace the Top Handle Assembly. Ordered the parts from ereplacements rather than sending the entire tool in for repair. Switched out the top handle assembly myself and it now works like new. It took about 5 minutes to replace. Very inexpensive fix.

Will Blick
11-29-2010, 6:09 PM
Paul, do you have the email that was sent to you from them, with the part numbers, I will duplicate your efforts... thx for sharing...

Paul Stroik
11-29-2010, 6:46 PM
If you are referring to email from the Bosch service dept. I spoke with them over the phone - no email. They were going to send me a service slip (7-10 days) so that I could send my jigsaw in for repairs. I decided to give Ereplacment a try. So I ordered the part from Ereplacement taking the chance that this would be the right fix. Glad I did.

The Ereplacement part I ordered from the parts list on their site is item number 826 - parts #2602025901 labeled as Top Handle Assembly.

Will Blick
11-29-2010, 8:52 PM
Done, thx again for sharing...

I thought the post would need replacing as well, as it looks beat up, but since you had success with just the top part, I will give it a go...

David Woodruff
11-29-2010, 9:00 PM
I decided to replace the Top Handle Assembly. Ordered the parts from ereplacements rather than sending the entire tool in for repair. Switched out the top handle assembly myself and it now works like new. It took about 5 minutes to replace. Very inexpensive fix.

Paul, I had this problem first time I changed blades. Please send me a PM on part #, etc so I can finally fix this problem. Thanks

Paul Stroik
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Dave, I posted the part number in my reply. Just go to the Ereplacement site and type in your model number. Or, if I can do it here - I'll try.
www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-1587vs-0601587639-clic-jig-saw-parts-c-128_1098_1107.html (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-1587vs-0601587639-clic-jig-saw-parts-c-128_1098_1107.html)

scroll down until you find the item number 826. I placed the order from there. Click on the photo icon to see what comes with the kit. This was all I needed to fix mine.

Ray McCullie
11-30-2010, 6:30 AM
I have the same saw and the same thing happens. Doesn't affect blade changing for me. I just figure it can be popped off if you pull to hard but it doesn't seem to break anything.

Happened first time because I didn't know what I was doing, must have broken a plastic tab or something but I can pop it back in and still turn the handle and engage/disengage the blade lock.

Saw works like dream for me. I had a DeWalt before.... Big improvement.

Paul Stroik
11-30-2010, 8:36 AM
I agree. I probably pulled up on it to hard at some point as well. The new parts work smoothly now where as the original seemed to stick when pulling up and rotating. Now everything is good - except that I don't have a good enough excuse to buy the 1591 with its new features.