PDA

View Full Version : You probably won't see this on the local news

Ken Garlock
12-28-2004, 6:47 PM
A couple months ago I bought an 8" jointer from Sunhill Machinery. As a result I get Email from them from time to time. The one today i want to share with you, and I thought it would complement the Freedom Pen project.

Sunhill Email, sans advertising"

We were surprised by an American Warrior from Afghanistan called Sunhill to order
couple of woodworking machines.

We are overwhelmed by what a fellow woodworker is doing there, and like to share with you.
To learn more about what our fellow woodworker warrior is doing in Afghanistan
please visit: http://www.210th.com

"If you could put out this address also it might help out with this worthy
effort: http://www.operationbeaniebaby.com
When the kids get the toys their eyes get as big as silver dollars.
It really is amazing and we gain their confidence more and more each day."
---Capt. Lapiana

Any Coments please click:
mailto:info@sunhillmachinery.com

The following is my request for permission to post the above and their response:

Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 3:12 PM
To: sunhill machinery
Subject: RE: Story of an American Woodworker-Warrior in Afghanistan we like to share with you!!

Neat story!
With your permission, I would like to post the text of the message sans advertising on the Saw Mill Creek woodworking site, www.smc.org. The owner of SMC has also started the "Freedom Pens" project, www.freedompens.org. Your story will go nicely with the Freedom Pens effort.

Please let me know if this is OK with you.

Regards,
Ken Garlock

Response:

Hi Ken,

Thank you. Story like this makes us feel there is hope. Please do your best to distribute this story.
Happy New Year!

Chen

mike lucas
12-29-2004, 11:54 AM
I also get e-mails from them, and recieved that one as well. And I didn't have to spend any money :p

Very interesting story! and like you said, it probably won't be on the local news.:eek:

Glenn Clabo
12-29-2004, 1:39 PM
it probably won't be on the local news.:eek:
Don't know where you guys are from...but it's in the New England news and newspapers here all the time! Maybe because they are New Englanders?

Ken Garlock
12-29-2004, 2:43 PM
Glenn, Glad to hear that they are getting some good words. It seems in general that all you hear is the negative news :(