PDA

View Full Version : Makita 2012 Planer

Scott Soucek
11-12-2010, 6:38 PM
Today I inherited a Makita 2012 planer. (Not the NB model) I would like to read a manual to make sure that it is set up properly and learn how to make adjustments where necessary.

I have been scouring the internet trying to find a manual but to no avail.

There was a previous thread about this same subject back in Jan 2009 but alas, no link or photos were posted that could help out.

If someone out there could help out, that would be great. If someone would email or send a copy of the manual, I would be more than happy to scan and provide a link to the file myself (in pdf format or whatever format would work best for this forum).

Thanks all.

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-12-2010, 7:01 PM
Best I could find was a parts breakdown

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Assets/Output/DownloadFile.aspx?FileName=Products/_PartsBreakdowns/PB_2012.pdf

Scott Soucek
11-12-2010, 7:38 PM
Yep, I got that too.

Thanks

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-12-2010, 8:35 PM
Scott - It looks like the 2012B made a few major changes - the top of the unit was made flat, good for putting things on top, and the NB model had a fixed table and moveable cutterhead (I'm assuming instead of a moveable table).

I'd suggest downloading the 2012NB manual and see if the adjustment directions are even remotely related to the 2012.

Phil Thien
11-12-2010, 9:34 PM
Did you try calling Makita? They were helpful w/ docs (different device) once when I called them. They didn't have them online, but were able to E-Mail them.

Ted Wong
11-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I have the same planer and I might have the owners manual still If you can't get one from Makita let me know and I'll see if I can find mine.

Scott Soucek
11-12-2010, 11:46 PM
I did call Makita. The woman/lady that I talked to on the phone told me that all she could offer was what was available online. And I was on their website while I was on the phone. She found out (just like I already knew) that the only thing available was the parts diagram.

She said that she could not help me any further.:(
So I have to rely on the Sawmill Creek community to get the help I need:)

Thanks

Don Palese
11-13-2010, 1:18 AM
I've got a manual (pdf) ,, if you send me your email, I'll email you a copy.

Keith Hankins
11-13-2010, 8:56 AM
Today I inherited a Makita 2012 planer. (Not the NB model) I would like to read a manual to make sure that it is set up properly and learn how to make adjustments where necessary.

I have been scouring the internet trying to find a manual but to no avail.

There was a previous thread about this same subject back in Jan 2009 but alas, no link or photos were posted that could help out.

If someone out there could help out, that would be great. If someone would email or send a copy of the manual, I would be more than happy to scan and provide a link to the file myself (in pdf format or whatever format would work best for this forum).

Thanks all.

I've had my 2012 for about 20 years and she's still going. To show you how old mine is, is has the fixed head and you rais and lower the table. The only thing I've ever done was adjust the infeed/outfeed tables with an allen wrench and that was when i first got it. The little manets that you use to hold the blades while change is fantastic. I've never even had to replace the brushes which amazes me due to its age and use. Ocasionally I will wipe the rullers and thats about it. It was a well designed tool. I'm sure I have a manual for it (i never throw those out), but I've not looked at it in eons. Enjoy it, its a workhorse.

Scott Soucek
11-13-2010, 2:50 PM
That's another thing... the magnets for mounting the blades. Anybody know if they are available?

I will google/bing it when I have more time.

Thanks all.

AL Ursich
11-13-2010, 3:10 PM
I have the 2015 I believe, and I bought the blade alignment blocks and they are 2 blocks of wood with some red stain. The Directions were to place the block on the blade and rotate it... Measure the block movement... Adjust until same movement from both blocks... I kid you not....:eek:.

AL

Scott Soucek
11-14-2010, 12:02 AM
I found the magnetic blocks/holders. They are Makita part #762014-4

I will wait for a manual before I start messing with blade adjustments.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/images/part_762014-4_med.gif

JohnMichael Schlim
11-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I also have the manual in PDF format if you have not yet recieved it for some reason shoot me your e-mail address and I will get it out to ya it is too large to attach it here. BTW I love mine it works perfect for me everytime.

Scott Soucek
11-14-2010, 11:33 PM
I want to thank John Michael Schlim for the email with the PDF attachment. It looks great.

I tried to attach it to this message but it's much too large. I can also email it to anybody else who would need it.

Thank you all for your help!

nader joe
01-09-2011, 5:45 PM
Hi there,

I just picked up a used old style 2012 planer and am hopeful someone can send me the manual for it.

Thank you,

Nader

Greg Kellog
02-09-2013, 2:33 AM
An old thread to be sure but wanted to post the following in case someone else comes along looking for the manual.

The following webpage for Makita Canada has links for both the 2012 Planer Manual (15 pages) and schematic/parts list (7 pages). Also contains links to manuals for many other discontinued Makita tools.

http://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=Discontinued

Good Luck, Greg

Barry Siegel
07-31-2016, 11:19 AM
I've got a manual (pdf) ,, if you send me your email, I'll email you a copy.

My email is barlsieg@gmail.com. If you still have a copy of the Makita 2012 planer manual, I would appreciate you emailing it to me.