PDA

View Full Version : OK so now there are pics...

Christopher K. Hartley
11-12-2010, 3:56 PM
The other day I posted about a work in progress, well, today it got finished, all but the bowls and they are drying. You'll see them later. Lights are up and dust collection on the lathe, collection on the other tools will have to wait.:)

Nate Davey
11-12-2010, 4:00 PM
Very nice, clean set-up. I need to set up some curtains in my garage to keep the shavings out of the laundry area.

Bernie Weishapl
11-12-2010, 4:01 PM
Chris looks good. Looks like you are ready to go.

Roger Chandler
11-12-2010, 4:12 PM
Nice setup there Chris. I was wondering about how you keep your turning tools handy to the lathe. Do you use a tool holder of any sort? Did you make one, or do you just lay them out when ready to use them?

Nice DC setup as well. I really like the one I put behind my lathe with the big gulp hood. It really collects the dust, and a lot of the curlees as well when doing certain cuts.

charlie knighton
11-12-2010, 4:23 PM
nice tool gloat

Christopher K. Hartley
11-12-2010, 4:30 PM
Nice setup there Chris. I was wondering about how you keep your turning tools handy to the lathe. Do you use a tool holder of any sort? Did you make one, or do you just lay them out when ready to use them... Roger, I was thinking about that very thing today. Right now I just lay them out on the ways. I'm thinking of something that would hold the ones being used at an angle with the handle up just under the lathe. My turning tool storage is now in a tool cabnet. I just haven't totally thought through this project yet.:)

Steve Schlumpf
11-13-2010, 9:57 AM
Glad to see everything is coming together for your shop! Looking forward to seeing the bowls!