PDA

View Full Version : Attention DFW Area Neanderthals

Martin Shupe
11-12-2010, 3:16 AM
LN currently has shows in Texas in Austin and Houston. Either is a long drive from DFW.

There is talk they will have one in the spring in OKC, another long drive.

It has been hinted that if a suitable location was found in the DFW area (close to Plano, I don't know why), they "might" be willing to have a show in our area.

I have pretty much ruled out Woodcraft and Rockler.

I am guessing LN does not want to pay for a venue (I could be wrong).

So, does anyone have a large enough space so that we might be able to entice LN to come for a weekend?

Pedro Reyes
11-12-2010, 7:36 AM
LN currently has shows in Texas in Austin and Houston. Either is a long drive from DFW.

Martin, any idea where in Austin the show is? I'm in ATX and heard nothing, the LN site has no info.

Thanks

/p

Richard Verwoest
11-12-2010, 9:11 AM
L/N was here in the Sacramento area recently. They were at one of the local hardwood dealers. Plenty of floor space and the dealer offered some discounts on wood. If there is a woodworking club/guild in your area you may wat to discuss this with them. Being a member of a club myself, I highly recommend joining one if you have the oppotunity. Good luck and enjoy the tool event if you can make it.

Hoss

Pedro Reyes
11-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Richard,

Thanks, it so happens that I stopped by my local hardwood dealer and they are hosting it in January, there is nothinhg on the LN site (yet) apparently.

/p

Deane Allinson
11-12-2010, 1:28 PM
There is a tool sale this weekend in Garland. I dropped by last year lots of stuff.

"28th Semi Annual
"One Old Sorehead & One Nice Guy"
Vintage & Antique Tool Sale

SATURDAY, NOV. 13TH 9:30-6:00
SUNDAY, NOV. 14TH 10:00-6:00

1400 Williams Drive
Garland, Texas 75042

Deane

David Myers
11-12-2010, 8:27 PM
I drove down to the show in Houston a few weeks ago and had a great time. Kevin Glen-Drake was there demonstrating his wares and the LN reps were knowledgable/patient in helping the patrons put the tools to wood.

I suggested via email and in person that they check out Wood World (TI Blvd close to 635). It has probably as much floor space as the place in Houston did (BC Woodworks iirc).

And its probably a good thing I've got the kids this weekend while the wife visits her dad, otherwise I'd be off to Garland for the tool sale.

Jim Koepke
11-12-2010, 9:13 PM
And its probably a good thing I've got the kids this weekend while the wife visits her dad, otherwise I'd be off to Garland for the tool sale.

I would bundle the kids up and take them along, they could learn a lot.

And you just might make them allies for future needs.

jtk

Lynn Dowd
11-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, If they decided they needed a neanderthal friendly venue for a demo in DFW, I would be more than happy to host them. I have a location that is fairly easy to get to from any part of DFW, and has a fair amount of space they could use.

Lynn Dowd
Dowd's Vinatge & Antique Tools
host of the
Semi-Annual One Old Sorehead & One Nice Guy Vintage & Antique Tool Sale

Lynn Dowd
11-14-2010, 10:18 AM

BTW, David, we are kid friendly here at the tool sale. I take photos of the tool sale, and we have pictures of several kids with their parent at various stages of their life. We just had a fella' come by yesterday who wanted to have his picture taken with his young daughter. We have several pictures of him with his older sons, and he wanted to continue the tradition.

Lynn