PDA

View Full Version : the vortex

David T gray
11-12-2010, 1:12 AM
so i see what you guys are talking about now it was on sale so i had to buy it and with the huge discount it had might as well spend that discount on chuck and chisels :) i gotta say putting the headstock on was not fun ended up holding the thing alone in the air for a good 2 mins till someone figured out how to slide it on the guy who was helping me put it together had a 18mo with him and ofc she started crying and screaming just as we picked it up to attach it. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9410/img8676.jpg

Harvey M. Taylor
11-12-2010, 1:38 AM
David, the best friend you will ever have for handling the headstock and tailstock is the scissor lift from Harbor Freight.Get the thousand pound one, about 200 dollars.For assembling the lathe, just place the main body on it upside down to install the ;egs.Jack it up and roll it over set it down. then load the headstock on and jack ikit up and install. You could do the entire assembly by yourself.{now he tells me} I read somewhere that Keith Outten, owner of Sawmill Creek has about 4 of them. Not connected with HF in anyway, just a happy customer. Max

Joel Albert
11-12-2010, 8:13 AM
Quick heads up... The Scissor lift is going on Sale Nov 18-21 for $179.99 according to their flyer....