PDA

View Full Version : My reborn Emmert

Walter Plummer
11-11-2010, 7:03 PM
I posted pictures when I got it herehttp: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=112506&highlight=tale+turtlebacks I got it cleaned up pretty quick but then we got busy and it lived in the corner for along time.I finally started a bench to hold it and I just got it mounted the other day.

Joe A Faulkner
11-11-2010, 7:12 PM
Congrats on the vise and the bench!

Bruce Page
11-11-2010, 7:14 PM
Nice job. It looks good to go for another 75 years!

Dan Karachio
11-11-2010, 8:21 PM
Wow, I checked out your original pictures and you did a fantastic job. Did you have a post showing all your work on the vise? That might be a hassle, but you deserve to show off all you did. Very very cool.

Walter Plummer
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Dan I did not mean to ignore you I have been dealing with some other things. Did not take a lot of other pictures. The Evaporust cleaned everything very well. Both vises had missing or broken parts but altogether we had everything. We sent the original parts to Cattail Foundry in PA. They used our parts as patterns and cast us new parts. Four parts including one in bronze shipped back to us for $85.00! can not say enough good things about them. Then we got busy and they set in the corner of the shop about a year before we got going again. I am just starting to use it now and it is great. Now I just hope to finish the bench before we get to busy again.

john brenton
11-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Evaporust is a God's send. I love that stuff. I picked some up a couple months ago and decided to give all my old irons and augers a soak. A plane iron that I originally thought was unmarked turned out to be an early Stanley iron with a bailey patent stamped chip breaker that was fit the same time period of an old Stanley jack that I picked up minus an iron.

The point being that Evaporust is the shiznit.

Dan I did not mean to ignore you I have been dealing with some other things. Did not take a lot of other pictures. The Evaporust cleaned everything very well. Both vises had missing or broken parts but altogether we had everything. We sent the original parts to Cattail Foundry in PA. They used our parts as patterns and cast us new parts. Four parts including one in bronze shipped back to us for $85.00! can not say enough good things about them. Then we got busy and they set in the corner of the shop about a year before we got going again. I am just starting to use it now and it is great. Now I just hope to finish the bench before we get to busy again.

Will Boulware
11-19-2010, 1:46 PM
Nice work! I really need to get one of those.

Niels Cosman
11-19-2010, 4:01 PM
The point being that Evaporust is the shiznitFor shizzle!

I started using evaporust about 2 years ago and i never looked back. the stuff is magic.

Nice work walter! I'm totally envious of your iron hand!