PDA

View Full Version : Veterans day Salute

harry strasil
11-10-2010, 8:02 PM
To all the vets on SMC, I never cared much for the band "Kiss", but this salute to our forces in Iraq is well worth watching. Enjoy Vets and Thank You for all you have done, and do for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5MtdIO23MKM

Steve Schlumpf
11-10-2010, 8:31 PM
Always makes me feel good when I see the troops being entertained! Gene did a great job of getting the troops involved and it sure looks like they all had fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Jim Rimmer
Thanks, Harry. Makes me feel a little different about Gene Simmons. God bless our troops around the world.

US Navy 1971 - 1979

Charlie Reals
right on Gene. Same here, I didn't like kiss but this is a great tribute to all services.I will do as I always do and toss back a shot of Jack in honor of the friends I lost and all who have served. This year I will do a double with sent prayers for a grandson in the 3/5 in Sangin.That group is getting hit hard right now.

Von Bickley
11-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks Harry...... Nice tribute.

US Army
319th. Army Security Agency
May 1968 - May 1970

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-11-2010, 7:34 AM
Thank You for all you have done, and do for us.

I'll second that!

Dave Gaul
11-11-2010, 8:30 AM
Besides what I heard on the radio this morning (Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American", gets me teary eyed everytime I hear it!) on the way to work, SMC is the first place I heard or saw something like this.

Gene Simmons is a great support of our troops, and there are many others that do amazing things for our troops.

I miss being in the Navy!

US Navy
EM2/SS Nuclear
1993-1999

Roger Newby
11-11-2010, 8:40 AM
To all that have served:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2010, 8:45 AM
I'm neither a Gene Simmons or a Kiss fan but I'll give him his due respect!

USN '68-'76

Belinda Barfield
11-11-2010, 9:00 AM
Thanks for sharing this Harry, and thanks to all you Vets.

John Pratt
11-11-2010, 9:19 AM
It is amazing what a little professional entertainment can do for the morale of troops. If nothing else, it give troops solice in knowing other people care enough to spend time with them. Back in 1991 during the Gulf war I had the pleasure of seeing Bob Hope in the USO show. My Grandfather saw him in the 40's in England and my Father saw him in the 60's in Vietnam.

Dave Anderson NH
11-11-2010, 9:50 AM
I would ask all of you to remember today that we have both men and women in harms way in Iraq and more particularly Afghanistan. Please think of my favorite people, the Marines, and particularly of my young friend GySgt Terrance "D" D'Allesandro and the men of Lima 3/5 who are in Helmund Province and who already lost several friends last week.

As a Vietnam Marine I echo the pledge that, "Never again will one generation of Veterans abandon another." As long as we remember them and honor their memory they will live forever.

Charlie Reals
11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I would ask all of you to remember today that we have both men and women in harms way in Iraq and more particularly Afghanistan. Please think of my favorite people, the Marines, and particularly of my young friend GySgt Terrance "D" D'Allesandro and the men of Lima 3/5 who are in Helmund Province and who already lost several friends last week.

As a Vietnam Marine I echo the pledge that, "Never again will one generation of Veterans abandon another." As long as we remember them and honor their memory they will live forever.

My thoughts are with your bud and my grandson lcpl Jon Dibautista,3/5 weapons, Sangin
Our small county has lost one son to Helmond prov and have several others serving in the 3/5

Lee Schierer
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
It was truly an honor to serve my country for 26 years. I was never shot at or asked to fire a shot in anger. I greatly respect those who have been called upon to serve in a hot war. I'd do it again if the chance arrived.

Thank you all for remembering.

Rob Cunningham
11-11-2010, 1:03 PM
A big THANK YOU to all Veterans, for your service and sacrifice. It's because of you, that we can live free in the greatest country in the world.
Please remember also those who never came home.