PDA

View Full Version : Craft Supplies USA Customer Service....

Ken Fitzgerald
11-10-2010, 5:13 PM
I am getting ready to make an order.

One of the jaw screws for my SN2 chuck has disappeared.

I checked my local hardware suppliers. I could find a similar screw but the head was just slightly larger and I didn't want to take a chance.

I found a repair kit with the screws at one site.

I was going to order a small part from Craft Supplies. I couldn't find the screws at Craft Supplies. I sent their customer service department an email asking if they carried them and had I overlooked them on their website.

The customer service department replied that they were not on the website but had been added and unfortunately out of stock until December. However, the guy had found some and if I'd provide an address, he'd ship them to me free of charge.

My order later this evening will be larger than I planned.

That's the type of service I've always experienced from them.

Fred Perreault
11-10-2010, 5:22 PM
That type of service is hard to find, but easy to swallow. In my many years in the heavy construction business, and more recently working with wood more often than ever, I have found the woodworking vendors to be far more likely to go the extra measure than anybody.

Terry Gerros
11-10-2010, 5:41 PM
Craft Supply should literally be the model for customer service for every business. They bend over backwards for their customers and always go the extra mile. I order from them, for our club, once a month. The order is put in on Monday, we receive the shipment on Wednesday, of course we are in Oregon which is pretty close, but nevertheless, still pretty impressive. They will match an price you can find and if you don't like it when you get it, no problem returning the item. I would venture to say that if you used it once and didn't like it, they would still take it back, for I can't vouch for that though.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-10-2010, 6:16 PM
Terry,

I have placed an order with a lot of items on it. One of the items would be out of stock, and they would call my home to inform me it was out of stock. Then they'd ask if I'd like to order a substitute before they shipped my order.

They provide customer service.

Christopher K. Hartley
11-10-2010, 6:17 PM
Isn't it great when businesses put the customer first not only in word but in deed as well? These folks have served me well when I have used them and I would encourage others to use them as well. Ken, I'm glad they were able to help you.:)

Wayne Hendrix
11-10-2010, 6:33 PM
I live nearby and stop in occasionally ;) and let me tell you they are the greatest group of guys and girls there. Everyone that I have ever dealt with is friendly and knowledgable. I have asked them for recommendations on tools and they almost always recommend the cheapest one available and dont try to needlessly up sell me. When my wife and I bought the tools and mandrels to start pen turning they took my wife in the back and let her pick a couple dozen blanks out of the bulk bins at didnt charge her for them. I buy everything that I can from them.

Bernie Weishapl
11-10-2010, 6:49 PM
Most of my orders are thru CSUSA. Their customer service is second to none. I have always had excellent service and they are extremely friendly. It doesn't get any better.

John Keeton
11-10-2010, 7:11 PM
I haven't been at this as long as most of you guys, but the few orders I have placed with them have been handled first rate!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-10-2010, 7:14 PM
I haven't been at this as long as most of you guys!

But you sure are making up for it with quality John!:)

Reed Gray
11-10-2010, 7:17 PM
I ran into the some screw problem with one of my Vicmark chucks. Got the same service. Unfortunately for them, I don't buy to many tools any more.

robo hippy

Steve Mawson
11-10-2010, 7:36 PM
Lady from our woodturning club took some classes with them earlier in the year. She gave them high marks.

Rob Mathis
11-10-2010, 7:39 PM
I have never ordered from them.

But it is good to see that they are worth ordering from. Most of the time I use wiidcraft and have never had a reason to test the CSUSA waters but now I might have to try them out.

Ray Bell
11-10-2010, 8:19 PM
I ordered through them on Monday, and received it today. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Jim Burr
11-10-2010, 8:44 PM
I too had an order placed on Monday that arrived today. One of the 2 PSA pads ordered showed up as a hook pad. Called and mentioned it to them and had an email 20 minutes later that the new one was in the mail. They have never let me down and get 85% of my business .

Thom Sturgill
11-11-2010, 7:37 AM
That's not to mention that they seem to go to just about every symposium, and while good advertising, it is probably a net loss. They consider it a 'payback' to the community according to a discussion I had with them at a Florida symposium.

Russell Eaton
11-11-2010, 7:59 AM
I placed a order for a nice pen kit for my wife, when it came they failed to send the bushings. I called and told them it was for a birthday present for my wife, three days away. The next day the bushings were at my home. Great customer service!

David Walser
11-11-2010, 9:01 AM
Lady from our woodturning club took some classes with them earlier in the year. She gave them high marks.

My wife and I took a week-long introductory turning class from them in 2003. It was a great experience that was made all the better by the fact that they gave us a 10% discount on anything we purchased that week (except for lathes). Dale Nish taught the class; he invited us into his home Wednesday evening to tour his shop, view his collection turnings, and enjoy light refreshments; and he arranged for us to tour Mike Mahoney's shop another evening that week.

David Walser
11-11-2010, 9:10 AM
I placed a order for a nice pen kit for my wife, when it came they failed to send the bushings. I called and told them it was for a birthday present for my wife, three days away. The next day the bushings were at my home. Great customer service!

I had a similar experience. Through my own fault, I managed to bend my pen mandrel shortly before Christmas. They explained what I had done wrong (applied too much pressure to the mandrel with the tailstock) and FedExed me a new mandrel the next day. To top it off, they refused payment for the replacement mandrel. At the time, I had only placed one order from CSUSA -- their introductory pen turning kit. I've placed a lot of orders since.