PDA

View Full Version : Vicmarc Adjusta-Jaws to fit Nova Titan

Michael Ginsberg
11-10-2010, 2:09 PM
I know the Vicmarc jaws fit on the Oneway chuck. I own two Titan's. Is there any way to get the Adjusta-Jaws to fit the Nova Titan? Knowone makes cole type jaws as big as the Vicmarc's. It would be nice to get them to fit a chuck I already own.
Thanks.

Ron Bontz
11-10-2010, 5:43 PM
I don't have the answer to your question. But you just told me something I did not know. "Vicmarc jaws fit on Oneway chucks"? Which Oneway? Thanks:)

Michael Ginsberg
11-11-2010, 10:28 AM
From what I am told, the Oneway chuck (s) accomidates the jaws for the two smaller of the four Vicmarc chucks.
Good Luck

Ryan Baker
11-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Just make your own cole jaws out of wood or something. You can either attach them to the Nova cole jaws, or directly onto the chuck. Either way they should work fine. You can't spin jaws that size very fast anyway. Of course, there are a lot of other chucking methods as well, and I would prefer most all of them over the cole jaws anyway, but that's another story.

Michael Ginsberg
11-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks. I made some large step jaws out of MDF and attached to my smaller Nova Cole jaws. I needed this for a piece of ambrosia that has wormholes that I could not use the vacuum method.

Bill Buchanan IN
11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
A timely thread : Michael- or anyone else: Do you have any photos available for this and other newbies of the home grown wood/MDF step jaws on a store-bought cole jaw set ? ( Have Supernova 2 and PSI Barracuda 2 chucks ).

Thanks in advance.

Hilel Salomon
11-14-2010, 7:14 PM
Michael,

I do not think that the oneway chuck will take any of the vicmarc jaws. The smaller vicmarcs have jaws interchangeable with the SN, Grizzly and Sorby patriot chucks, but I have never heard that oneway will accomodate them. If the Titan takes regular SN jaws, it should handle the smaller vicmarc ones as well. Some time ago, I bought a oneway adapter slide which supposedly would accomodate the vicmarc 120 jaws, butI returned two of them to Craft Supplies. They were very poorly made and not up to oneway's usual standards.

Hilel.