PDA

View Full Version : Talk about luck.

Glenn Vaughn
11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Siz and a half years ago my stepdaughter got married. Because of work issues they did not get to go on a honeymoon. They finally had the chance to do it and booked a cruise.

They booked a Carnival Mexico cruise leaving from San Diego on Sunday -on the liner Splendor which caught fire. While the experience is probably not any fun, they will have an experience they will never forget.

The good news is that everyoine is ok on the ship. The bad news is it is like a bad camping trip condition wise. Also communication via cell phone is unavailable for now but they are working on the satellite system and hope to get it wroking soon.

The best part is that they will receive a refund for the cruise and their transportation costs as well as a free future cruise of equal value.

Brian Elfert
11-10-2010, 12:15 AM
The news talks about the telephones being out. Do cruise ships normally have telephone service for guests?

I'm kinda wondering why a cruise ship would need food delivered? Don't they carry enough food to feed a small army? I suppose the food they have on board needs heating or is spoiled if the refrigeration is not working.

Sorry to hear that your stepdaughter had her delayed honeymoon wrecked by this.

Jeff Monson
11-10-2010, 12:15 AM
I read about that today, sounds like they are towing the ship to mexico and busing them back? I'm sure carnival will make it up to them, just sucks they were on vacation to start with. I was on 1 carnival cruise and it was a great vacation.

Brian Elfert
11-10-2010, 12:20 AM
cnn.com now says they are trying to get the ship to San Diego. If they can't make it in time, they will go to Ensenada, Mexico instead. Ensenada doesn't look to be very far south of the United States border.

Glenn Vaughn
11-10-2010, 12:52 AM
The news talks about the telephones being out. Do cruise ships normally have telephone service for guests?

I'm kinda wondering why a cruise ship would need food delivered? Don't they carry enough food to feed a small army? I suppose the food they have on board needs heating or is spoiled if the refrigeration is not working.

Sorry to hear that your stepdaughter had her delayed honeymoon wrecked by this.

They normally have satellite service (I believe cell phones work through this).

They have lost the ability to prepare hot food - no cooking. This means they need pre-cooked food which I assume is not ver plentiful on a cruise ship.