PDA

View Full Version : Ace Supply Anyone dealt with them?

Paul Steiner
11-09-2010, 3:54 PM
Today I received a call out of the blue from Ace supply. The called me in my office at school because I teach woodworking. I don't know how they got my number probably cold calling schools. But it is basically direct high pressure telephone sales, the salesman offered Amana blades, safety glasses, etc, etc, and the warehouse is closing so these deals were all very hot.
He offered to ship blades to me and bill me later. As a teacher I can get into trouble when an unapproved invoice shows up. I told them to fax an invoice before shipping anything, but I think they are just going to ship it. The prices were good. Anyone bought from them?

Gordon Eyre
11-09-2010, 4:58 PM
If you are talking about Ace Hardware, I use them on a regular basis and they are good. I am able to find things that the big box stores may not have.

When you have a phone solicitation (cold call) I would be leery and check them out fully on the Internet before proceeding.

Callan Campbell
11-09-2010, 5:19 PM
Today I received a call out of the blue from Ace supply. The called me in my office at school because I teach woodworking. I don't know how they got my number probably cold calling schools. But it is basically direct high pressure telephone sales, the salesman offered Amana blades, safety glasses, etc, etc, and the warehouse is closing so these deals were all very hot.
He offered to ship blades to me and bill me later. As a teacher I can get into trouble when an unapproved invoice shows up. I told them to fax an invoice before shipping anything, but I think they are just going to ship it. The prices were good. Anyone bought from them? I have to totally echo any concerns about that call. We ALL can get into trouble with these types of sales tatics, even if it's legit. Protect your butt NOW, and contact whomever in your school is responsible for accepting the bill so they don't blame you if something goes south with this "totally" hot deal from the warehouse closing, etc.:D:D:D
Then, if it turns out great, post a gloat on it.:)

Paul Steiner
11-09-2010, 8:12 PM
Definitely not ace hardware.

Jerome Stanek
11-10-2010, 6:25 AM
When I had my company I would get those kind of calls all the time. I never bought from them. Most of the time they acted like they knew me and then tried the high pressure sales pitch. I know some other people that did buy their junk even though they said it was a name brand it was not worth the money.

Bruce Koch
11-10-2010, 9:42 AM
Just what Jerome said. They call and I go "click"