PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Stoppers

John Altberg
11-09-2010, 2:05 PM
Here is a group of stoppers that I have made to sell in my first show. Any feedback on pricing would be greatly appreciated.

John Keeton
11-09-2010, 2:08 PM
John, never done one, but those certainly are some nice looking profiles! There are a bunch of creekers that turn them, so I am sure someone will be able to offer some pricing guidelines.

Jim Burr
11-09-2010, 3:26 PM
Those are nice John! I'm usually not fond of single color stoppers, but those made me forget about it! Well done sir!

Robert McGowen
11-09-2010, 4:35 PM
Your stoppers look nice. I have made several, but have given them away as opposed to selling them, so no idea about the pricing. One thing that you might keep in mind is the total height of the wine bottle plus the stopper. A lot of people will want something that they can stand up in the refrigerator. Good luck with your show.

Aaron Wingert
11-09-2010, 5:21 PM
Those look nice John! I've never sold mine at a show, but I charge $20 for stoppers (with Ruth's stainless hardware) to friends, friends of friends, etc. Not sure if that's high or low, but I'm making a little money at that price.

Bernie Weishapl
11-09-2010, 6:04 PM
Really nice looking stoppers. I get from $20 to $35 depending on the wood used.

Ken Hill
11-09-2010, 6:33 PM
Really nice looking stoppers. I get from $20 to $35 depending on the wood used.

I just started selling them and I go $25 on domestic woods, $35 on most exotics in stock...Niles stoppers. Folks just tell me a quantity after they hear the price so I reckon im good.

Greg Just
11-09-2010, 9:26 PM
Nice looking stoppers. I started selling them with the Niles Stoppers for $24. Pricing varies so much as to location and customer base.

David E Keller
11-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Nice looking group of stoppers. I've gotten $20 for the ones that I've sold, but I suspect I could get a few dollars more.

Gary Simmons
11-10-2010, 7:25 AM
I think Im a bit low, I was charging $15.00 for mine, however it was my first show and would rather see them go.... From all the research I did on pricing, alot has to do with the forum its in. Some venues allow for higher pricing while others, like church fairs and such you would probably have to charge less...I have a show coming up Sat. and based on the pricing I see in the replies..I may be charging a bit more... Happy turning.

John Altberg
11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Based on the feedback here and looking @ etsy, I feel that I have a good idea of where to set my pricing. As always, thanks to all who chimed in. This is, by far, the most helpful of the three forums that I frequent.

John