PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding parts.

Doug Carpenter
11-09-2010, 7:15 AM
Hi guys,

I am new to the cnc area.

I am building a new 1 to 1 gunstock duplicator. I would like to use a system like the one pictured but I would like it to be able to accept 1/4" and 1/2" collets.

I can't seem to find them anywhere but flea bay and those only have tiny collets.

I am sure it is because of my lack of knowledge. I don't honestly know the proper names for these parts.

Another gunstock guy graciously let me in his shop to see some of his process and he had a duplicator that had the same system. It was significately quieter than my router mounted machine. It also has a nice reach.

My neighbors would appreciate it I'm sure.

Here is a picture of the unit.

Kenneth Hertzog
11-09-2010, 7:52 AM
Doug
I'm going to switch my CNC router to a spindle drive
I purchased a Sherline mount to bolt in place of the the Router mount
the motor and spindle is removable and can be used on other machines
which I have. the thread is 3/4 x 16 and they make all types of
bit holders for it
Ken

James Leonard
11-09-2010, 5:33 PM
Hi,

That is a WolfGang Engineering spindle, hand made by a guy named Richard. If you want to try one be SURE to get the two bearing model since the single bearing model was intended for precision drilling and cannot take any side loads at all.

I think a router and the Precisebits collets are a much better choice these days, but it will be louder.

He has an eBay store and you can get a lot of info on CNCZone with a 'Wolfgang Engineering' search.

-James Leonard

Doug Carpenter
11-09-2010, 6:20 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I did send him a message through ebay and I haven't heard back from him yet.