PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley and Bessey K-Bodies

Glenn Clabo
12-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Lee Valley has a good box deal on Bessey K-Bodies until 29 Jan. I doubt that there will be problems like most of the other "sales" that other companies tried.

A. 12"/25" K-Body Clamp Set - $109.00
Boxed set includes two 12" and two 25" capacity K-Body clamps, and a set of four KP blocks. Our regular retail price on these items if purchased separately is $146.75 U.S./$213.85 Cdn. B. 25"/41" K-Body Clamp Set - $119.00
Boxed set includes two 25" and two 41" capacity K-Body clamps, and a set of four KP blocks. Our regular retail price on these items if purchased separately is $164.75 U.S./$238.95 Cdn.

Usual stuff...I don't get nuttin' from this. Just love the way this company does it's thing.

Chris Padilla
12-28-2004, 3:23 PM
Not bad, not too bad at all!

Dave Anderson NH
12-29-2004, 9:03 AM
I placed my order yesterday afternoon for the larger of the two package deals along with a bunch of supplies I needed. Even with the shipping, it's significantly cheaper than anywhere else including Woodcraft witha 10% guild discount. Thanks for the heads up Glenn.

Frank Pellow
12-29-2004, 9:20 AM
Thanks for the notification Glenn. And, I was happy to see that the deal is even better in Canada. I am going to buy both sets and pick them up next week (when I take a course at my local Lee Valley store).

Jim Becker
12-29-2004, 9:25 AM
Oh, how tempting...I really could use some 12" K-Bodies and believe it or not, more 24"-ers wouldn't hurt from time to time, too. The question is...do I buy those or the "other things" I've been contemplating on my tool aquistion list...(some more hand planes) Sheesh!!

Mark Singer
12-29-2004, 9:30 AM
As Charleworth says "You can never have too many cramps" He must eat fast food!:D
Oh, how tempting...I really could use some 12" K-Bodies and believe it or not, more 24"-ers wouldn't hurt from time to time, too. The question is...do I buy those or the "other things" I've been contemplating on my tool aquistion list...(some more hand planes) Sheesh!!

Glenn Clabo
12-29-2004, 9:49 AM
The question is...do I buy those or the "other things" I've been contemplating on my tool aquistion list...(some more hand planes) Sheesh!!If you act quickly...it's easy. All the LV planes are on backorder so you might as well take advantage of what they have. ;)

Glenn (Who rationalizes every tool buying decision):o<O:p</O:p

mike lucas
12-29-2004, 11:10 AM
That`s a good price!

In my opinion, unless you can get the K-Blocks for nearly free, they are not worth getting. But the Lee-Valley deal is pretty much giving them away.

I have one set of the blocks, and I can't remember the last time I used them. The clamps align so good without the blocks, square the clamped piece, and they easily set on a bench without assistance, the blocks aren't needed, and are a waste of money. (This is just my opinion!):eek:

Jim Becker
12-29-2004, 11:14 AM
One set of the blocks is fine and I also wouldn't buy them "separately". I have found them useful when gluing up cope and stick panels/doors quickly where I was pinning the joints on the back side with 23 guage pins...kinda an assembly line type deal. One block is screwed to the bench and the remaining three hold the four clamps conveniently in place as I move from unit to unit. The doors/panels are carefully set aside without clamps after pinning.

Chris Padilla
12-29-2004, 2:16 PM
I love the clamp blocks...they work super as Jim described and I've used them for many other types of glue-ups. However, I have 2 sets and don't really need any more...but clamps, well, hmmm.... :D