PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service.

Jack Mincey
11-08-2010, 9:15 PM
One of my high school students that has great talent as a turner brought his personal lathe into school with a Vicmarc VM100 chuck to use at school until Christmas. He has been turning on his porch and it gets to cold this time of year to realy enjoy it much. After about a week the chuck locked up and I took it apart to find about one inch of the spiral gear broken and the piece that had broke off had locked up the chuck. After putting the chuck back together I found that it still worked but not as smooth as before so I E-mailed vicmarc. I received a return E-Mail within 2 hours. I just received another e-mail conforming that the replacement part are in route by Air Mail. Any company can have a problem with one of the products no matter how hard the try not to, but how a company corrects the problem is what separates the good ones from the great ones in my mind.
Happy Turning,
Jack

Ray Bell
11-08-2010, 9:18 PM
Good to hear Jack. Good customer service seems to be rare these days.

Steve Schlumpf
11-08-2010, 9:22 PM
Strange the ring gear would break - but am very impressed with the companies efforts to correct the problem! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
11-08-2010, 9:43 PM
Vicmarc has been very good. I had a jaw crack. It was out of warranty. They sent me a new set of 4.