PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Rob Damon
11-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Sorry no pictures, forgot the camera....

Creeker visit with the Chairman of the Board. I was invited over to the mothership this afternoon.

Let me start by saying, Keith is a really nice guy, if I didn't have the LOML along, I could have easily spent twice as much time there. With nearly 60,000 registered members here, I can only guess that only a small number here has ever or will ever get to met with Keith in person, glad I was one of them.

He was gracious enough to give me a tour of his shop and his two CNC machines and his substantial base of CNC work. In the two hour visit, I got a crash course in how start and run a successful sign making business. Walking into this trip, I was interested in comparing his newly aquired Stinger and the I-carver I had looked at on Woodcraft on Friday. Huge difference between them. I can see a Stinger in my future.

I have an invite back and will definitely take him up on it..

Thank you Keith for sharing your time and your insights. It was also a pleasure meeting and talking with your daughter when we first arrived. She is a very pleasant and well mannered young lady.
Rob, Yorktown

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Congrats Rob!

Keith and Jackie are on my short list of folks I want to meet in person!

Dan Hintz
11-08-2010, 6:05 AM
Rob,

You're definitely close enough to join us for our yearly laser/CNC meets. Keith is just one of several locals that are great assets to the woodworking world (but Keith gives us easy access to it all).

Keith Outten
11-08-2010, 6:44 AM
Thanks Rob,

I also enjoyed our visit yesterday afternoon. Its always a pleasure to visit with fellow Creekers and talk shop, especially CNC machines :)

We had an enjoyable time discussing sign making with lots of discussion about using Corian for signs, thermal bending and dye-sublimation. I shared some new information with Rob about how I pan to make a few adjustments in my ADA sign fabrication technique in the next few weeks as I start to bring my new Stinger II online. I will be glad to share what I learn as I move forward, the good and the bad :)

It was nice to meet Rob and his wife and I certainly welcome all of you to visit my workshop when you are in the area. I work year round in my shop so there is almost always something going on. I didn't get the chance to run a CNC demonstration for Rob yesterday but I will have something planned for him the next time he visits and we will take some pictures and possibly some video.

I'm glad you got the chance to meet my youngest daughter Jess, she had been helping me clean up the shop yesterday, Jess has become a big help lately lending a hand with a few projects. Maybe she will be a sign maker one day......she is a junior in college with plans to go to grad school so weekend visits to my shop will have to do for now.

Rob, let me know when you can visit again so we can spend more time and make some chips.

Belinda Barfield
11-08-2010, 7:49 AM
Congrats Rob! I had the opportunity to meet and chat with Keith and Jackie at IWF this past August. I was also in attendance for two of Keith's presentations on sign fabrication. Keith and Jackie are some of the good people. :)

Jim Becker
11-08-2010, 9:22 AM
'Glad you had a nice visit with Uncle Keith! I surely hope to be able to do the same someday...

Rob Damon
11-08-2010, 7:00 PM
Rob,

You're definitely close enough to join us for our yearly laser/CNC meets. Keith is just one of several locals that are great assets to the woodworking world (but Keith gives us easy access to it all).

Dan,

Almost came this year, but work got in the way.

Rob