PDA

View Full Version : initial impression of new Teknatool customer service

Ralph Lindberg
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
As most US based Nova owners know, Teknatool has switched their US Customer service from Tim G to a new service, promising faster service.

The Club's DVR-3000 failed today, I e-mailed them tonight (SUNDAY!-local) and have already heard from them, twice. With a promise of a phone call on Monday.

Considering Tim often took a (work) day or two (or three) to respond to e-mails, my initial impression is positive.

Ralph

Steve Vaughan
11-08-2010, 6:57 AM
I liked talking to Tim, he was always helpful to me, and fast. With the change, this is good to hear too. Thanks.

Steve Harder
11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a 1624 so I've been watching the forums re Nova switching tech support. So far, most of the postings I've seen have been receiving timely service - so here's hoping.

Bernie Weishapl
11-09-2010, 1:48 PM
I have heard from a few and it seems like the service is there so far. Hopefully it will stay that way. A couple of guys I know got parts within a few days of calling.

Clint Baxter
11-09-2010, 9:12 PM
I e-mailed them when I was trying set up my DVR for 220. They never responded to the e-mail. I made a call to them as well and asked for Roger. I was told he'd call me back. Hasn't happened yet.

Hope the rest of the service continues to be good for all of you. Will probably retry the call to Roger here in the near future. Will update if it's a positive experience.

Clint

Homer Faucett
06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I called and e-mailed on Friday. Mike on the phone did not seem too interested in helping me track down a motor pulley. After seeming a bit confused and/or distracted, he told me that they were out of stock with motor pulleys for all models, and that they were expecting to receive a shipment sometime in the next few weeks. I found it hard to believe that they would be out of stock for motor pulleys for all of their models, and so far behind that they would still be 2 weeks away from getting another shipment in. It felt like the #1 priority was to just get me off the phone, as he noted that it was a "busy day".

Conversely, I called Woodcraft, thinking that they might stock some replacement parts that are not online. They first directed me to Teknatool. I told their customer service that I had already gone that route. She then suggested that I might want to call Tim in the off-chance that he would have any spare parts, but she noted that Tim starts his day at 3:00 a.m., and since it was after 2:00 p.m. on Friday, he would not likely be in the Office to answer. I sent Tim an e-mail, and had a response this morning before 7:00 a.m.

Still no response yet from Teknatool. I need to buy some other parts for this lathe, but I think I'm going to try to fashion what I need from general hardware rather than having to deal with Teknatool. That's really too bad, as they obviously make a good product.

I hope others are having a better response, but I'm not getting the A+ attention with contacts over the weekend that others noted just after the switch.

Jeremy Leasure
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm still waiting for a return call and e-mail from over a year ago. I've since stayed away from their products and moved to Oneway. Since I couldn't get a response for a brand new live centers bearings running extremely hot since day 1, I picked up a Oneway and moved on. I'll also likely be picking up a Oneway Stronghold instead of Nova's large chuck as I'd originally planned. Haven't had any trouble with the SuperNova 2 admittedly, but if I did...I'd also like to add the experience gave me the little extra push to go to a 3520B instead of picking up the Nova rotating head stock lathe, forget the model offhand. That's a lot of lost business over a live center replacement. Which arrived looking refurbished in the first place.

Homer Faucett
06-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Still awaiting contact from Teknatool through their website. However, I did receive the pulley from Tim yesterday. This does not bode well for Teknatool, IMHO.