PDA

View Full Version : Jointer has arrived!!

Thomas Delpizzo
11-07-2010, 5:59 PM
My recent CL find is now in my garage amongst storage, my band saw and table saw. I's a Grizzly G0586 8" jointer with 75" bed and a helix cutter!!!! All for $400!!!. It's about 5 years old but in mint condition. (a pic is on my recent post, but it looks as though the seller removed the listing already.) The seller almost took off another $50 as he thought it wasn't going to sell. He was actually surprised several people called, as when he sold his Powermatic table saw, it took awhile before it was unloaded. (He has a new Sawstop now). Eventually, I'll have a pic up when I Get the garage shop in a bit more order. It's similar to the G0656x except that it's 1hp less. :( Still, its a bargain and a beautiful machine! :D Christmas came early this year! :) (I still have to buy the tv for the wife though)

Sean Troy
11-07-2010, 8:41 PM
Nice find ! Congratulations.

Van Huskey
11-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Since I did see the pic on the other post I will say:

YOU SUCK! Good find and good deal.

Neil Brooks
11-08-2010, 1:46 AM
Ya' did good :)

Thomas Delpizzo
11-08-2010, 6:31 PM
The seller was going to also sell me his Jet dust collector with the big canister and plastic bag but it was way too big for me. One of the guys in my first post recommended getting a 2hp unit as a shop vac will wear out. I though I saw guys using shop vacs in FWW, especially the Festool and the Fein models. Anywat can I get away with a 1 or 1.5hp model. They have models of that size you can hang on a wall. I do have space considerations. Otherwise
I'll have to invest in the Grizzly 2hp model (on sale for $269). It seems that I can make it fit if I have to. What if I used the shop vac and one of those seperators that you put on a garbage pail??

Dave MacArthur
11-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Congrats! Yes, bigger is better for DC. I would get a 2HP or more if I had a good deal before me.

Paul Johnstone
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
The seller was going to also sell me his Jet dust collector with the big canister and plastic bag but it was way too big for me. One of the guys in my first post recommended getting a 2hp unit as a shop vac will wear out. I though I saw guys using shop vacs in FWW, especially the Festool and the Fein models. Anywat can I get away with a 1 or 1.5hp model. They have models of that size you can hang on a wall. I do have space considerations. Otherwise
I'll have to invest in the Grizzly 2hp model (on sale for $269). It seems that I can make it fit if I have to. What if I used the shop vac and one of those seperators that you put on a garbage pail??

Eventually your shop vac will wear out. They really aren't designed to run continuously for hours as a dust collector on a jointer.

The other option is to just let the chips fall to the ground on the jointer. I mean, I'm a big fan of Bill Pentz, but a jointer really doesn't make a much of air borne fine dust.