PDA

View Full Version : Kern Laser question

Pete and Carmen Vaca
11-07-2010, 4:59 PM
Hi everyone, started posting here a couple years ago, job situation changed and did not purchase a machine. I have however been operating one at work and learned a lot.

A friend is about to buy a lightly used Kern (150 watt) system, what should he look out for? Does anyone have any idea how much a replacement tube could cost? Can they be refilled?

Thanks

Mike Null
11-08-2010, 9:41 AM
Why not just call Kern?

will bohn
11-09-2010, 2:18 PM
I have had a Kern 150 watt (tested @ 180) 52x100 and have been running it daily for almost 2 years. With that said the Kern machine is a rock solid machine with no down time yet. Still using the original optics. Doing routine cleaning and alignment is the key to keeping any laser running it's best.

As I remember the tube should last for approx 10k hours before needing a re-charge. I can not say enough about Kerns tech support it is the best. I have 6 lasers now and all the other manufactures could learn something from Kern on how to keep a customer happy. Kern is a family owned and operated business and treat their customers like family.

Any other questions feel free to call them they will be more than pleased to help.

Will