PDA

View Full Version : A Wonderful Christmas Present

Carl Eyman
12-27-2004, 9:45 PM
My son presented me with a Christmas present in progress that will be a blockbuster when complete. He has started to photograph all the pieces of furniture I have made for him and his family over the years. These photos are unbelievably good. For instance, the china cabinet has no reflections in the glass doors. He took all the dishes out before photographing. He did a separate shot of the shell carving so the detail would show. He has printed them in 10 x 14 format in super quality prints and has put those done so far in a fine portfolio.

Furthermore, he will be posting them on a web site so I can share them. Attention photo police: The quality one can get at 60K does not do these prints justice; so you'll just have to go to the website when available. This was a wonderful present and one to be enjoyed by many for a long time. None of the pieces belong in FWW gallery, but having someone appreciate them to the extent they are willing to go to this length is certainly rewarding. So stay tuned. I'll let you know where you can find the pics when available.

Dave Anderson NH
12-28-2004, 9:12 AM
That is a great present indeed. I look forward to seeing the pix on the website when it's available. I know what you mean about having someone who knows what they're doing take the pix. I struggled for weeks taking pix preparatory to doing my Chester Toolworks website. The reflections and darkness of the pix were causing me to exercise the vocabulary I used to use as a Marine Corps NCO. Finally in frustration I made a deal with a woodworking friend and traded his photo skills for a set of the tools I make.

I am looking forward to seeing you in mid-January at williamsburg. Did you make reservations at the BW Patrick Henry?

Carl Eyman
12-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Dave: Yes, I have made reservations at WBW. Should arrive Saturday early afternoon. If any meetings are scheduled with Creekers I'd like to be considered. Look forward to seeing you.