View Full Version : A little furniture repair

Harlan Barnhart
11-06-2010, 7:56 PM
My two year old asked me to "tape" her broken doll house furniture. So I did a little repair. Back in use already.

Don Orr
11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Nice job = happy kids.:)

john brenton
11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Its nice to be the dad that can "fix everything", even though it means that you're expected to fix everything. Hearing my kids and my wife tell their friends about my "handiness" is the ultimate ego booster. I feel like a dog getting his treat..isn't that what we're here for? .
My two year old asked me to "tape" her broken doll house furniture. So I did a little repair. Back in use already.

Jim Koepke
11-06-2010, 10:24 PM
It is always fun to do a "little" work.

jtk

Jim Koepke
11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Its nice to be the dad that can "fix everything", even though it means that you're expected to fix everything. Hearing my kids and my wife tell their friends about my "handiness" is the ultimate ego booster...isn't that what we're here for? .

Be careful and be humble, otherwise people will find all kinds of things for you to fix for them.

One of my instructors warned us of this. He would always tell the neighbors it was just a broken belt or a tripped breaker so he wouldn't get roped into cleaning the air conditioning fans and ducts for the whole neighborhood.

jtk

Bill Houghton
11-06-2010, 10:42 PM
A little driveby gloating there about that two-year-old. Quite a cutie.

Harlan Barnhart
11-07-2010, 4:15 PM
A little driveby gloating there about that two-year-old. Quite a cutie.
OK. Maybe:). They are the most important building projects I have going.

Mark Dorman
11-07-2010, 4:34 PM
Making family happy is always a worthwhile project. Those are interesting clamps you have there I don't think I've seen anything like them. Do they work on bigger furniture or are they designed for light work?

Mark

Harlan Barnhart
11-07-2010, 8:18 PM
Those are interesting clamps you have there I don't think I've seen anything like them. Do they work on bigger furniture or are they designed for light work?

Mark

Those are home made clamps. They work on full size projects but only for moderate pressure. I had some scrap maple and two pieces of DIY aluminum stock lying about so I eyeballed the "moose cam clamps" at Toolsforworkingwood and made my own version. Just friday I found some discarded cork to glue on the jaws, now I have no excuses for not finishing the clamp project.

Jim Rimmer
11-08-2010, 11:10 AM
That last pic looks like a pretty happy customer.

Gaz Palmer
11-08-2010, 11:34 AM
The last time my wife went on a "praise the handy husband" binge I found myself hanging more than half of the new external and internal doors in our neighbourhood. :(

I used to love making things for my kids when they were small. :D