PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi M12V2 question

Sean Troy
11-06-2010, 6:20 PM
Hi all, for anyone who owns one of these routers, the large knob with the two o rings at the bottom that connects to the fine adjustment knob, do you just press that in hard into the top of the fine adjustment knob? Also, the threaded column below the fine adjustment that fits into the base, the bottom part of the thread on mine where it inserts into the base looks like it was grabbed with a pair of pliers and the thread seems crushed on opposite sides, this is not normal is it? I got this router from amazon last year during one of their great sales but haven't gone to used it until today. Your help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. Sean

David Thompson 27577
11-07-2010, 8:32 AM
Hi all, for anyone who owns one of these routers, the large knob with the two o rings at the bottom that connects to the fine adjustment knob, do you just press that in hard into the top of the fine adjustment knob? Also, the threaded column below the fine adjustment that fits into the base, the bottom part of the thread on mine where it inserts into the base looks like it was grabbed with a pair of pliers and the thread seems crushed on opposite sides, this is not normal is it? I got this router from amazon last year during one of their great sales but haven't gone to used it until today. Your help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. Sean

Yes on pressing the o-ring knob on. The o-rings provide enough friction to hold it there, and to turn the adjuster.

Adn if you've got stripped threads, you can probably find a thread-chaser that will repair them. Maybe look at an auto parts place.

Sean Troy
11-07-2010, 3:45 PM
Thanks David for the info, Sean