PDA

View Full Version : Problem with GCC rotary engraving

Hannu Rinne
11-06-2010, 3:48 PM
My English is what it is, so I'll try to put my question as simply as I can...

I'm trying to engrave lace pattern around a glass (full 360 degrees) but I can't get the end's together in any way. The dia of the glass is 70,5mm which gives 221,37mm with pi. Print driver says that the image doesn't fit in the media, so I increased the dia up to 74mm and made the image just a bit longer - same result. I've cleaned the image so that there isn't any hidden borders - no matter what I'll try, just can't get the end's together - there's always about 10mm space between them... Does anyone have any idea what is going on :confused:

Regards, Hannu

Gary Hair
11-06-2010, 3:56 PM
Hannu,
You must have the image you are engraving a little bit smaller than the page in Corel otherwise the driver will "clip" the image. Measure your glass and set the page sizes properly in the GCC driver. In Corel set the page from the printer. Size your image .0762mm smaller than the page size (that's .003"). This will allow the driver to print the full page and the image is only .154mm smaller than it should be. I have done this a few times and it worked out fine. The last time was an aluminum water bottle that was about 3", 76mm, in diameter and the image engraved so close you couldn't see any gap.

Gary

Hannu Rinne
11-06-2010, 6:53 PM
Thank you Gary !!

Always a pleasure to learn something new :)

- Hannu

Chuck Stone
11-06-2010, 8:45 PM
I also had some trouble doing it in Corel, so I jumped over to Photoshop and
it worked just like you would think. Create the file the size you want, then
in the driver you set the page width and the diameter. I can have the image
wrap around edge to edge with no overlap or spacing.

But .. it's raster.

Hannu Rinne
11-07-2010, 4:41 PM
Gary and Chuck,

Thank you guys ! With your instructions my work turned out great ! Now just some small modyfys with the end's and that's it - thousands thanks !!

- Hannu