PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Alan Trout - Winner/Hollow Form Category!!

John Keeton
11-06-2010, 1:22 PM
Alan Trout was the top vote getter in the Hollow Form Category of the SMC Fall Turning 2010 Contest!!! Congratulations, Alan!!

Alan will receive the following prizes:

Randy Privett, of Monster Lathe Tools (http://www.monster-lathe-tools.com/), has provided a $200 gift certificate (to be used towards a Monster Hollowing System), Sean Ackerman of ToolNut (http://www.toolnut.com/) has donated a Hamlet Craft Tools 3/8" Bowl Gouge. In addition, Doug Thompson of Thompson Lathe Tools (http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/) has donated a 5/8" V Bowl Gouge.

All of the entries were great examples of the talent on SMC. A great big THANKS to all that participated, and a special THANK YOU for the great prizes donated by our contest sponsors.

This event would not have been possible without these folks. Please show your appreciation for their support of our forum!

Scott Hackler
11-06-2010, 3:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! When I first saw your entry I just said to myself, "Oh wow!" Appearantly I wasnt the only one with that same reaction. Very nice job.

Bill Bolen
11-06-2010, 5:09 PM
Congrats on a well deserved win Alan! When I saw your piece for the first time all that color just took my breath away. After viewing the photo about 50 time now it still takes my breath away! Just plain gorgeous...Bill...

David E Keller
11-06-2010, 5:12 PM
Congratulations on a well deserved prize package. Your entry is a beautiful creation, and I look forward to seeing more of your pieces.

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2010, 6:20 PM
Alan - Congrats on your big win! Amazing hollow form! love all the color but find the form really stands out - at least to me!

Very nice work and I look forward to seeing a photo of you with all your winnings!

Baxter Smith
11-06-2010, 7:09 PM
Congratulations Alan. A very out of this world piece! Reminded me of swirling seas around the continents.

Jack Mincey
11-06-2010, 7:10 PM
Congratulations for you win and your HF is just amazing.
Jack

Alan Trout
11-06-2010, 8:04 PM
I want to thank everyone involved with the contest from the sponsors, moderators, contestants, and of course the forum membership. Every piece entered was deserving and I am humbled by being chosen. I tend to get many different reactions from people on what I do. I have seen some that hate my stuff because I have chosen a less than traditional path with my pieces and others that like it for the very same reason. I respect both opinions and just goes to show that we all have our own niche.

I am working on some other pieces right now. I wish that I could be more prolific but between my family, business, some teaching, and general life incidentals some weeks I am lucky to get a couple of hours in the shop.

Again, I really appreciate everyone involved with contest.

Thanks,

Alan

Richard Madden
11-06-2010, 9:41 PM
Congratulations, Alan. Well deserved.

Keith Burns
11-07-2010, 5:16 AM
Congratulations Alan, a well deserved win ! And congratulations to all that entered, everyones work was excellent.

Bernie Weishapl
11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Congrats Alan. When I saw that piece it was like WOW. Beautiful piece.

Congrats to all who won and entered. All of the pieces were beauties.

Kevin Stanbary
11-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Congrats! fantastic piece!

robert raess
11-07-2010, 9:19 PM
Has there been a post yet describing Alan's details[wood type,color type etc.,]I am very anxious to see ALL details and procedures. thanks rob

Tim Rinehart
11-08-2010, 8:32 AM
Beautiful piece and well deserved. I saw alot of good competition, but after seeing that entry...I pretty well figured you had nailed it. Can't wait to see more!

Roland Martin
11-09-2010, 7:12 PM
Congratulations on a very unique piece Alan. Very nice work indeed.

Jay MacDougall
11-10-2010, 9:53 AM
Very nice Alan, yours was my favorite. Everyone's work was excellent, a lot of talent here.

James Combs
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Congrats Alan, it got my vote. A really beautiful vase.