PDA

View Full Version : Our Friend Leigh Costello

Belinda Barfield
11-06-2010, 9:19 AM
Many of us have enjoyed the wit and wisdom of Leigh Costello. Her stories of adventures and misadventures have caused me to douse my monitor with coffee on more than one occasion. Here and there you may have noticed that Leigh comments on a few health issues. Well, one has worsened and with Leigh's permission I am posting to request prayers, happy thoughts, good wishes, whatever you want to throw her way. She has developed a leak of one of the valves in her heart, not yet severe enough to repair, but severe enough to impact her quality of life and ability to do her normal activities. Please keep Leigh in mind.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2010, 9:28 AM
Leigh,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Steve Schlumpf
11-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Leigh - warm thoughts and prayers sent your way!

Bruce Page
11-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Leigh, keep your spirit up and get well soon!

Jim O'Dell
11-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Praying for quick healing. and will continue to do so. Jim.

Mike Langford
11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Healing thoughts and prayers headed your way Leigh....Hurry and get well soon!

Phil Thien
11-06-2010, 1:27 PM
Leigh, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

David G Baker
11-06-2010, 4:51 PM
Belinda,
Thank you for letting us know about Leigh.
Leigh,
My prayers are with you and I pray that you get through your health problem with healing and are able to get back your quality of life that is so important to you and those around you.

Rob Cunningham
11-08-2010, 1:06 PM
Leigh,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Leigh Costello
11-10-2010, 1:12 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My life is just getting more interesting and I will have to learn to adapt again.

Oh the things I have learned! And I totally blame my Nordic walking sticks! If I hadn't taken that up this past summer I never would have learned how my "leak" had progressed. Apparently fainting during a routine physical is a no-no!

So now, I nap, I work a little, I nap, I work a little....my boss at my it-pays-the-bills-job is very understanding. Thank God for compassionate people.

Prognosis: Just keep tabs on how I feel, rest and eat healthy, and mild to moderate exercise 2 or 3 times a week.

What I do: "Honey, can you vacuum? Honey, we need more wood in the box. Honey, the dishes .... " Honey is a champion hubby, he does it all and I love him for it.

What I want to do: Doesn't matter so much in the grand scheme of things.....I want to live my life to the fullest. Right now I am just living a little slower.

Belinda, thank you. You are a peach.

Belinda Barfield
11-10-2010, 7:30 AM
Thank goodness for Honey! There is something to be said for living a little slower . . . enjoy your occasional glass of wine, stop and smell the roses, hang out on the Creek. :)