PDA

View Full Version : SUPER DEALS on Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II

Johnny Kleso
11-06-2010, 2:44 AM
Please Read all.....
Cannon has great rebate going on with printer and cameras up to $700

There are now a ton of the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II printer @ebay new in box without UPCs for a song..
some can be had for $150 like I did.. $200-$220 is very common I just got lucky with a Buy It Now..
The rebate ends in DEC so I guess this is just the begining..

The cheapest price you can find on these are $350 @B&H and thats after you wait 8 weeks for a $100 rebate

These are a super photo printer but are a large formate 13x19" and take up a good bit of space..

Other than that its a steal almost there is about 10-15 ever week that sell for under $220 including shipping..

Just search eBay for Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II

Dan Hintz
11-06-2010, 8:31 AM
They've been practically giving these printers away with camera purchases the last6 months or so... they're either making a boatload of cash off of the inks or they're dumping the line.

David Weaver
11-06-2010, 12:15 PM
They've been practically giving these printers away with camera purchases the last6 months or so... they're either making a boatload of cash off of the inks or they're dumping the line.

I think it's the inks. I had one of the pixma printers (ip 5300 or something) that was slightly smaller and it crapped the bed at 10 months old because it didn't want to recognize that one of the 5 ink cartridges was installed. No driver version fixed it, nor did new ink cartridges, nor uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. That cost me about $100 in unused ink! I bought it because the HP before it crapped out at about 10 months old and left me with a bunch of unused ink, and each previous hp that I'd gotten lasted for 5 or 6 years of pretty heavy use. (maybe the pro printers mentioned here are better and more reliable).

I went to laser after that, but that probably doesn't do much for someone wanting to print photos. Have had the laser printer for 4 years now and printed about 25,000 pages with it without a hitch.

There used to be someone on here from HP who said that they (HP) lost money on printers. The longer they lose money on printers (the manufacturers), the less inclined they'll be to make them more reliable and spend R&D money on them.

Johnny Kleso
11-06-2010, 2:56 PM
The thing about inkjets is you have to use them once or twice a week..

DO NOT LEAVE THEM ON 24/7

Print a small test pics often as you will save the head from clogging with dryed ink..

I refill my own and Cannon Carts they are easy to refill and dont need to buy refillable carts and also have replacable heads so if its clogs you just pop in a new head as easy as changing the inks..

You can check www.inksupply.com (http://www.inksupply.com) for refilling info or http://home.eol.ca/~mikling/ who has a eBay store