PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered some stuff

Dan Karachio
11-05-2010, 11:58 PM
I suppose I could post on the general section, but I have to tell someone and I am a firm believer that a "gloat" has to be a very good deal! :D

I have been thinking about this for a while, but finally pulled the trigger. I ordered a Tormek T7 with hand tool kit, a tenon jig and a mortiser. Bam, $1200 in five minutes and about 20 clicks. It is tooooooo easy! Accept for stocking up on more planes and chisels, this is going to just about round out the home shop.

I have struggled with sharpening, spent the $ of a Tormek on other stuff already and had it get in the way of wood working. I want it easy and done with. Now it will be, but man, is that a chunk of change. You can bet this, my wife will have the sharpest knives, scissors... you name it. Maybe the neighbors too. While I have been cutting floating tenons with my Mortise Pal and getting perfect results, I want to do through and wedged tenons and maybe some G&G type joinery. The new M&T tools will take care of this.

Karl Card
11-06-2010, 5:41 AM
good for you. sometimes you do have to treat yourself or things just do not seem right.

I kind of always looked at things this way - if someone works 40 hours a week and cant buy thereself a toy once in awhile then something somewhere is bad wrong.

Dan Karachio
11-06-2010, 9:30 AM
That's right Carl, I am trying to stimulate the economy! Of course it is all imported stuff, but that's another story.