PDA

View Full Version : I never see one like this. Did you ????

Norberto Coutinho
11-04-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/11/04/ns-allen-violet-large-lottery-winning.html

Charlie Barnes
11-05-2010, 7:27 AM
That's a great story Noberto. My family has gone through some health issues this year that really woke us up and make us realize how few things in life are really important, but how precious those things are. It sounds like these good folks have decided that helping others is more important than helping themselves. God bless them for that. Thanks for sharing.

Charlie Reals
11-05-2010, 7:51 AM
I am not at all a religious man butt God has truly blessed these folks with the knowledge of what life is about. They are a very rare breed.

David Prince
11-05-2010, 9:25 AM
I read the story this morning and I can agree with their decision.

I am quite happy with my life at this time and a win of the lottery would probably jinx that. I have a healthy family, my shop is full, I have food, I have a house, I have time to enjoy doing what I want, I have a good job, I am healthy, I have money the bank...what more does a person need.

If a person isn't happy now, I don't think a plush bank account would change that. It would just put it on a different level. But, money could cause you stress and headaches you didn't have before if you were to suddenly get a windfall.

Charlie Reals
11-05-2010, 9:33 AM
+1 to that Dave. The wife and I have discussed this many times. We have everything we need. We also have a local friend who hit big tickets twice. Hasn't made him all that happy.

David Prince
11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
+1 to that Dave. The wife and I have discussed this many times. We have everything we need. We also have a local friend who hit big tickets twice. Hasn't made him all that happy.

Is this feeling or place in our life really what it is all about? Like a dog chasing its tail. If he would only stop and look he would realize that he already has it!:)

John M Wilson
11-05-2010, 4:44 PM
I also saw this very heartwarming story, but I am left with a nagging question:

If they have everything they need, and don't need any money, why are they buying the lottery tickets?:confused:

Charlie Reals
11-05-2010, 5:06 PM
I also saw this very heartwarming story, but I am left with a nagging question:

If they have everything they need, and don't need any money, why are they buying the lottery tickets?:confused:

Because they want to and at their age that is all that matters. ;)

Rich Engelhardt
11-07-2010, 7:45 AM
If they have everything they need, and don't need any money, why are they buying the lottery tickets?
Let me guess, you don't gamble right?

To a gambler, it isn't win or lose it's the thrill of the bet itself.

Only thing a gambler really hates is a draw.