PDA

View Full Version : Here's to Our Significant Others!

David Thompson 27577
11-04-2010, 2:53 PM
I've been reminded by reading a couple of other threads here, that a significant factor in my woodworking is my wife.

She is amazingly supportive, and consistenly challenges me to learn more, to do more, to "be" more of a woodworker. She's even supportive when I tell of a need for some new tool -- not necessarily giving me carte blanche, but offering ways that we might be able to budget.........

So here's to all of our significant others. May the Peace of their God be with them.

Chris Nolin
11-04-2010, 2:55 PM
Here, here! :)

Kent E. Matthew
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Count me in. The best thing is ever did was marry that women. And, she reminds me of that fact everyday. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I met her 42 years ago on a blind date...3 days later I asked her to marry me. I left for bootcamp 8 days later...we married 2 days after I got home from bootcamp. This Christmas Eve it will be 42 years we have been married.

She's older than I am. She could have retired years ago but continues to work to pay for my shop. She retires in February after I do.

I nearly lost her to a rare and deadly form of cancer 18 years ago. I stared at a future without her. It wasn't pretty.

Daily I tell her how very lucky I am to share this life with her.

I am blessed.

David Thompson 27577
11-06-2010, 6:20 AM
[You said a whole bunch of really important stuff, then you said]:

Daily I tell her how very lucky I am to share this life with her.

I am blessed.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to remember that this is one of the most important things I can do. Tell her daily.........

Belinda Barfield
11-06-2010, 8:49 AM
I just love it when one you guys remember how lucky you are to have a wonderful woman in your life. :) I would hope that your SO realizes what a wonderful man she has in her life. Live long and prosper (together).:D

Shawn Pixley
11-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I echo the comments about our respective spouses. The biggest mistake I ever made was letting her get away the first time. When I got a second chance, be assured, I didn't blow it.

What I do have to question is her judgement. I don't know how or why she puts up with me.

Dave Wagner
11-06-2010, 3:18 PM
We have known each other since 1985! My wife actually went IN to the Wood shop (West Penn Hardwoods) with me today, well, she decided to pick out some pen blanks and bought a piece of Burl Livvingia Malayanan and asked if I could make something with it? Looks really cool, also got some Paduk and Bocoti 2x2 blanks for some bottle stoppers.

I told he I would show her how to turn a pen to get started....she said OKAY! :)

He also joins me under the car changing oil and works on her own mustang!!