PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a Sawtrain

Adam Desemone
11-03-2010, 6:29 PM
I bought a full Jointech system for my table saw off craigs list and got a steel of a deal. It appeared to work on the saw of the person I bought it from but I have no idea how to set it up. I need help! I hate to see this fine too go to waste. I have the sawtrain, the out feed tables, and several other items. I did get a manual with it but still dont have a clue. I have never setup a table saw of a fence system. I am in Wentzville, MO just outside of St. louis. I would love to find someone who knows how to set this up and be willing to come over and help but I will take any kind of help that I can get. I have tried calling Jointech but they were not much help, actually they were no help at all and sounded like they didnt have a clue what a Jointech system was.:confused:

Thanks Adam

David Cefai
11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Just in case, are you sure you called the right Jointech company? There is another one making electronic items.

Robb Graham
11-21-2010, 9:09 PM
I wanted to let you know that youare not the only one having these problems. Perhaps we should start a seperate Jointech users support group. This a a post that I made reccently in another thread on my experiences with Jointech:

I purchased a Jointech sawtrain system with a smartlift router lift about 5 or 6 years ago. I was satisfied with the product and the customer service was pretty good. :)

Last October my Smartlift, decided that it would prefer to stay in one position and stopped lifting and lowering. There was no way to fix this myself, so I called Jointech and spoke to someone, who gave me the instructions for returning it for service and said that it would be done in two weeks. Two months late,r I still did not have it and encountered several weeks of not getting anyone to answer the phone. Finally, I got someone on the phone who said that it had not been fixed, but that he would see that it got done. About two weeks lated I got a call saying that they had fixed it and were shipping it. During this process they were moving so I had hoped that this was a temporary issue.:confused:

Unfortunately, I was wrong. This April I bought a Ridgid R4511 saw for $369 when BORG was unloading them like they were linked to causing cancer. I called Jointech to purchase some longer rails for the R4511.

Over the last six months, I've called hundreds of times and gotten them on the phone two or three times. They did not have any rails that were longer than 40" in stock and were supposedly getting a shipment in a month. I've yet to see my new rails despite numerous mesages, emails and faxes. Unfortunately, I have not found anyone else who makes the aluminum extrusion that Jointech uses.:mad::mad::mad:

In August I found several Jointech items for sale on ebay. I spoke to the seller, who was a one of Jointech's landlords. He had acquired quite a bit of their merchandise when he seized some of their inventory due to the fact that they had not paid their rent. I get the feeling that this problem has extended to their aluminium extrusion supplier as well. The landlord had a bunch of phelolic tops. He said that he sold a lot of them to either Woodpeckers or Incra I think. He said that the orginal owner of Jointech, who had invented the system had died a few years ago and that his son in law was now trying to run the business. He sold me some used rails, that I have cobbled together with my old rails, and I now have a serviceable system for my saw.

In light of the problems that everyone seems to have with Jointech, I think that you would have to be crazy to buy into their system now. In my search for extrusions I ended up speaking to the technical advisor for Incra, while he did not know where Jointech gets their extrusions, I told him that there are a tremendous number of unhappy Jointech owners out their, and suggested that Incra should come up with an adapter kit so that its products would with Jointech systems, before some other company cashed in on the pent up demand for parts and products from thousands of dissatisfied Jointech customers.