PDA

View Full Version : My Bed

Ryan Singer
12-27-2004, 12:14 PM
MY BED ( the official post by me)

hey guys, long time no see. ;) I think it's been too long. even though I haven't been an active "poster" I have been reading. As you know, my dad has been helping me with a bed. this is it. my idea is to create a linear looking design that doesn't have a fancy flair.. just clean and durable. one of the main issues was the head stretcher (1-3/4" x 4") which I placed 8 inches above the mattress. when I measured two of my pillows stacked, they are about 8" and that's what will support the top of the pillow and keep it from falling out the back. we'll see! ... right now the weather is cold and damp and keeping the epoxy from hardening and so we took a break. this weekend I should be sleeping in it.

Chris Padilla
12-27-2004, 2:50 PM
Looks great, Ryan...welcome back! :)

Jim Becker
12-27-2004, 6:13 PM
This project is looking good, Ryan. Just remember...we'll want to see the follow-on projects, too!! You know...the rest of the stuff you make to compliment it... :D

Ryan Singer
12-27-2004, 8:48 PM
YOU'LL SEE IT!! YOU'LL SEE IT!!!! The next project will be a table... a dining table! I already have a design in mind..

Jerry Clark
12-27-2004, 8:52 PM
Nice simple lines Ryan- Liked the hand cut dovetails- you got a great instructor-

Jim Becker
12-27-2004, 9:15 PM
Ryan, will your co-conspirator in real estate investment be helping out with the design??? :D

Ryan Singer
12-27-2004, 10:11 PM
hey Jim, no.. Jessica won't be helping me with the design of the table.. Actually, I already have the design all planned out. here's a little rough sketch... it's not the official post. for now I am thinking walnut if I can afford it

you can critique my idea..

Ryan Singer
01-01-2005, 6:35 PM
here's the photos from the last couple steps before assembly at my home where it sits now.

I sanded all the wood down to 220. then put wax on. then attached the side rails with the center leg under the middle support. it probably didn't need it, but a litte extra support doesn't hurt. then I cut all the support slats down to size and then drilled a countersink hole so that my sheets and matress won't snag on the screws.

I got everything packed up and then drove it over to my house and assembled it in my room

see the final pictures here

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15393

next project is my table which you have been making great comments on. thanx ;)!