PDA

View Full Version : Blocking certain users

Jerome Hanby
11-03-2010, 9:02 AM
Is there an option available to filter certain users when you are viewing threads? . I don't want to shut him up, I'd just like an automated way to ignore him.

Dan Hintz
11-03-2010, 9:14 AM
Hmmm, an empty thread... I wonder if it would have anything in it if I wasn't blocking some people...

:D :p

Heather Thompson
11-03-2010, 9:40 AM
Jerome,

Go into your User CP, select Edit Ignore List under the Settings and Options and you will be golden.

Heather

glenn bradley
11-03-2010, 9:44 AM
Heather beat me to it.

Jerome Hanby
11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Sweet, thanks!

Jerome Hanby
11-03-2010, 10:44 AM
That works great, thanks again!

John Coloccia
11-04-2010, 5:20 PM
Jerome's obviously trying to block Rob Lee in an vain attempt to stop buying chisels, saws and planes.

It won't work :D

Mike Cruz
11-05-2010, 12:46 AM
I would ask him if it was me, but he wouldn't see my question anyway...

Harold Burrell
11-05-2010, 8:07 AM

To answer your question...yes it is you.

In fact, it is my understanding that I am the only one left who does not have you on ignore.

:p

Todd Crawford
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Who are you talking to Harold? :D

Frank Guerin
12-02-2010, 5:45 PM
I would block myself but then I wouldn't know it or would I?

glenn bradley
12-02-2010, 8:45 PM

To answer your question...yes it is you.

In fact, it is my understanding that I am the only one left who does not have you on ignore.

:p

I'm sorry Mike. I was hoping you wouldn't find out :D.

Actually he is blocking Shiraz in a weak attempt to avoid machines.

Dan Hintz
12-03-2010, 7:10 AM
Any way to block entire forums? Adding the turner's forum to my list is costing me tens of thousands of pesos!

Jerome Hanby
12-03-2010, 3:50 PM
If only I had thought of that sooner :eek:

Jerome's obviously trying to block Rob Lee in an vain attempt to stop buying chisels, saws and planes.

It won't work :D

Dave MacArthur
12-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I used the "ignore user" thing once, but I have to tell you... it creates more stress than it removes! Because inevitably, that user will keep posting annoying threads and comments, which OTHER folks you DO like to read respond to... then they say something razor sharp and witty to said annoyance, but you can only read their reply. There you sit, trying to "ignore user", but now you just CAN'T, and you have to go back in and VIEW user, then re-load the thread to see exactly how the seemingly witty post actually applies. "Oh SNAP!" you say, "AnnoyBoy will SURELY stop spamming the airwaves now!". ....
... Crud, now you have to leave him off the "ignore user" list, because you just HAVE to see what he has to say about his come-uppance...
and so it goes.

In actuality, I've only actually considered ignoring someone (and did it for a while) one time, and he disappeared from the forums shortly thereafter. Which fact has further boosted my unremitting admiration for the work of the moderators ;) The rest of youse folks, I enjoy reading ;)