PDA

View Full Version : Asked for a Donation

Steve Mawson
11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
This is the first time I have been asked to contribute a wood turning to a function such as this. A little about the foundation-it was started after a little boy drowned in the family pool. The foundation was then started by his parents. This foundations goal is to keep these types of accidents from happening by teaching little ones about water as well as their parents. This function was to raise money for the foundation.

Didn't get a picture at the function but lots of folks there and the auction went well. I am posting a picture of the bowl I donated. About 11" x 4.5" high, Nebraska Cedar-Juniper. Finished with home brew oil followed by gloss lacquer and buffed. Also attached a program flyer to show my name was actually there. No other wood turnings to go with mine but lots of painted art and pictures. The wine was very good as well. Thanks for looking.

David E Keller
11-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Good for you... It's a nice looking piece and a worthy cause.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey folks.....Steve's an artist.....now...I see a beret in his immediate future.:rolleyes:

Nice looking project Steve!

Congrats.

Bernie Weishapl
11-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Ken don't you mean "Arteest".:D

Great looking bowl Steve for a great cause.

John Keeton
11-03-2010, 7:27 AM
Steve, very nice work on the bowl, and for a wonderful cause. I read about these infant drownings all the time - so tragic. I feel for the families left with the guilt and loss.

Steve Schlumpf
11-03-2010, 7:54 AM
Good on you for reaching out and helping! Hope your bowl (very nice bowl BTW) helped raise big money for the cause!

bob svoboda
11-03-2010, 8:56 AM
Steve. Very nice bowl and a worthy cause. Well done!