PDA

View Full Version : New Toyl Gloat - help needed!

Dan Mages
12-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I have finally broke down and picked up a Delta AP400 dust collector. I think it will do fine for my basic needs and my very small work area. For now, I will be doing direct connections to my machines. Once I have the garage shop started next spring, then I will worry about pipes and stuff.

Now for the fun part. I need to find some way to connect the following tools to the dust collector's 4" hose. They all have a 1 - 1.5" dust hose. What is the best way to connect them?
PC Router with GripVac handle
PC ROS Sander
Delta 12" twin laser CMS
Festool Jig Saw
Biscuit jointer
circular saw (maybe)

Thanks,

Dan

Tyler Howell
12-27-2004, 1:46 PM
Dan, the Spanking Hippo looked much happier.:(

Jet and others offer a start up kit. Hose, scoops, hose clamps and blast gates. I've seen them at Woodcraft, Rockler and 7Corners HW where I bought mine. You may have to use a little creativity with some of your devices. Also many schools of thought recomend an air cleaner no matter what DC you use because it is moving the fine stuff around more than normal.
The DC hose from Festool fits nicely with most hand power tools in my shop.

Kurt Aebi
12-27-2004, 1:57 PM
Dan,

Whatever reducing you need to do, make sure you do it as close to the machine as possible to give you the most suction you can get.

Check with your local Jet or Delta distributor, most of them have a "starter" kit of connections, reducers, etc. and also keep an eye out here for suggestions, these guys will help you out a great deal as you already know.

Jerry Olexa
12-27-2004, 9:39 PM
Woodcraft and some of the mail order houses have adapters that handle that type of conversion.