PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new member

Charles Luck
12-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Hello, I've lurked here several times, thought it was time to join in. I have a question about a new wood I have coming in soon. It is Chakte Viga, I think it is also known as Paela. Has anyone here used it? Any info on it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks alot, and Happy Holidays to all! Chuck.

Ted Shrader
12-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi Chuck -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out and exchange ideas. Good bunch of folks here.

Welcome,
Ted

Steve Wargo
12-27-2004, 11:52 AM
and changes color drastically. Think of it as a little harder paduak that will change from the nice light orangeish, yellow to a dark red brown. Not a bad wood to work. usually doesn't have much figure from what I've seen, but will work well for most construction needs.

Charles Luck
12-27-2004, 9:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome Ted. Thanks for the info Steve. Seems what I have read about this wood may have been wrong. I read it worked about like cherry, and didn't change it's color much if at all after it had reached that shocking orange color. Seems I tend to like wood that is difficult to work with hand tools, cocobolo, curly koa, curly cherry...etc. Oh well, I've never been known for making things easy on myself. Thanks again guys, Chuck.