PDA

View Full Version : Fedex came tonight

Dahl Troy Perry
11-02-2010, 8:12 PM
DON'T YOU LOVE IT WHEN FEDEX COMES TO YOUR HOUSE?:D:D I reorderd the stand from another place Monday came tonight. Turn first piece got dumb picked up the skew that was not smart part broke when it grabed. Shure wish there was a turner close to teach me the skew.:mad: Turned a wine bottle stopper one coat of wipe on polly. I have see other turners put wood between the lathe and stand for a shelf to put tools on what are your thoughts would you put shelf on or not will it get in the way? Also what type wood is this the boy got it for me at Rockler as a small piece ?

Jeff Nicol
11-02-2010, 8:26 PM
Dahl, I love my little Delta but I have it mounted on a bench for now but when I had my little Steel City I had a shelf and a flip out table for tools and other items needed when I did demos. The shelf also can add some weight and more stability. If you feel like taking a road trip to Wisconsin I could give you some "Skew" lessons. I am sure there are some excellent turners in your area that can get you on the right track.

Keep on spinning wood!

Jeff

Jon Lanier
11-02-2010, 8:49 PM
Congratulations. If you find your self wanting to go 'big' on that lathe... or larger off center stuff. You may consider attaching to a large table that you can put some weight on it.

charlie knighton
11-02-2010, 8:54 PM
we are happy for you, enjoy

Clint Baxter
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Unless I miss my guess, that looks just like a bunch of the tulipwood I have. It has a pleasant aroma when you turn it.

Clint

David E Keller
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Congrats on the new toy! I agree with the Clint... It looks like tulipwood to me too.

Bernie Weishapl
11-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Congrats on your lathe and stand. I agree it looks like tulip wood.

Michael James
11-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Santa may have to come early this yr, :cool: I have serious lathe envy and there's going to be a sale on Deltas in a couple of weeks... can save enough to buy another "something"..... (echo in the vortex to the tune of "you really got a hold on me....."
Nice setup and happy turning.
1 more for tulipwood