PDA

View Full Version : keeping a laser at 100%

stan kern
11-02-2010, 7:09 PM
I like to keep the laser working well so i grease the 3 axis every 20hrs ,clean the lens mirror frequently.I have a sort of telltale for dirt as i placed a small mirror facing up under the y axis and check it for debris frequently when it gets sort of collecting fuzz then i clean the lens miror.
I have a disconnect on the power supply to protect against lightning when its shutdown and a heavy ground from the machine to the hydro ground rod.I also have manual controls over the compressor and ventilation as i don't want to loose all my heat when i'm designing .I wash the plexi viewing area with water and a small amount of dish soap.I run tests to make sure its accurate and calibarte the red dot to the laser firing as i depend on it running from my mark on centre.I wipe it down and vac it frequently and keep it covered when not in use.
I will change out the antifreeze mixture in the chiller at least every year or 2nd as i use a very colurfull yellow type of coolant that if it got dirtry or contaminated you would see it.
I also check the fan blowing on the electronics make sure there is no dust
simple accuracy check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYDRX9QfLZk

Rodne Gold
11-03-2010, 1:56 AM
I wish my staff were as diligent with maintenance with my lasers ... good advice tho , if you want tip top performance , good resale and a long life.

Steve knight
11-03-2010, 2:12 AM
I wish my staff were as diligent with maintenance with my lasers ... good advice tho , if you want tip top performance , good resale and a long life.
you need a bigger stick.

paul mott
11-03-2010, 1:35 PM
Excellent maintenance schedule Stan. We could, perhaps, all take a lesson from this.

Paul.

Mark Ross
11-04-2010, 8:22 AM
We beat the heck out of our Epilog and only clean it when the performance gets bad. About once every two months and we run 10 hours / day.