PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal on CL Delta 6" Jointer

Jason Saiki
11-02-2010, 2:35 PM
Hello, just wanted all of your feedback on the following jointer:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/tls/2038615029.html

We don't get much opportunities to get good used stuff and shipping to the middle of the Pacific is sometimes as much as the tool itself.

Thanks all

Don Jarvie
11-02-2010, 2:40 PM
Yes, make sure no parts are broken or cracked. Check to make sure the motor runs with no funny noises (grinding, etc) and the tables are level, move up and down and the fence works (sets to 45, 90).

That price is pretty good. I see them around here for 275 to 300.

Also, don't worry about rust on the table. You can clean that up with a little elbow grease.

Aloha

Jason Saiki
11-02-2010, 2:44 PM
Yes, make sure no parts are broken or cracked. Check to make sure the motor runs with no funny noises (grinding, etc) and the tables are level, move up and down and the fence works (sets to 45, 90).

That price is pretty good. I see them around here for 275 to 300.

Also, don't worry about rust on the table. You can clean that up with a little elbow grease.

Aloha

Thanks Don, I appreciate your advice.

Bob Riefer
11-02-2010, 2:59 PM
I bought the same one around here for $125 if I remember correctly. I had to replace the knives, clean it up in general, and replace the spring that closes the guard. So, call it $150 to be up and running as nicely as that one appear to be. Very heavy for how little it appears, and I've been very happy thus far.